GEOSATpro Advice for new MICRO HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
I opted to cease my suffering and bought a MicroHD which will be delivered today.
Would appreciate some advice on the following:

1- Should I update the firmware via g19 or USB, or is there no difference ?
2- Set the LNB to 10750 ? Am going to be using the SP1LL LNB
3- Regarding the Sg2100 motor, am assuming it would be best to set it to "reference" then reset it via pinhole on
motor itself before firing up the MicroHD ?
4- For usuals/aiming, my Due South sat used to be 74W (RIP), now its 72W. Would it be best to:
A- At motor to position 0, manually aim it to 72W
B- At position 0, enter my location, then make the motor move to 72W via USUALS ?

By going w/ A, won't USUALS be off by 2 degrees?

5- Signal strenght, whats the max I can expect the Quality to hit? On the S10, it never peaked past 77%.
Same for Micro, or will it go higher, or lower?

Anyone have any other advice, it be appreciated.

Cheers, K

1) I find satellite easiest to do, but I suppose if firmware is released and you just can't wait a day or two for the satellite stream to start sending it, you can do the USB thing.

2-4) i don't use my microhd with motors or with the LNB you describe, so I'll let others chime in

5) signal readings should be more or less the same as the S10. MicroHD may be just a smidge more sensitive to weaker signals as I think there was a signal or two I could lock on the microhd that I couldn't with my S10 (or S10 clone, IMHO).

1- Should I update the firmware via g19 or USB, or is there no difference ?
Both the same. If you have a dish aimed at G19,it is easy!

2- Set the LNB to 10750 ? Am going to be using the SP1LL LNB
Correct

3- Regarding the Sg2100 motor, am assuming it would be best to set it to "reference" then reset it via pinhole on
motor itself before firing up the MicroHD?
If you don't want to save any previous DiSEqC 1.2 settings, a reset is best.

4- For usuals/aiming, my Due South sat used to be 74W (RIP), now its 72W. Would it be best to:
B- At position 0, enter my location, then make the motor move to 72W via USUALS ?
Correct

5- Signal strenght, whats the max I can expect the Quality to hit? On the S10, it never peaked past 77%.
Same for Micro, or will it go higher, or lower?
Similar

Enjoy!

Well this is interesting. Receiver won't recognize anything in the USB port and i can't update via 97W

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Did you change the transponder to 12115?

I think the default is 11842, if I remember right. Anyway change it to 12115 and make sure you have a good signal and hit start, it will take it a minute or so, but then it will start to download.

A little vague on the problem, but here we go...

The other members satellite update suggestions are correct, so will address the USB connection.

What is being connected to the USB? Thumb drive or hard drive? External power supply if hdd?

Try another USB drive?

Does it show a information window when the drive is connected?

Does the drive have a lighting LED indicator?

Is the firmware .abs file unzipped?

Well this is interesting. Receiver won't recognize anything in the USB port and i can't update via 97W

I remembered most of my keys are encrypted (work related), weird that the Micro didnt detect it though. Maybe its a coincidence..anywho, used the GFs and it updated. Now it seems I might have a faulty SP1LL LNB....as the receiver's power just flashes until I disconnect the LNB in then she powers up.

Not my day!

Cheers, K

Could also be a short in one of your connectors. Double check that there is no stray shield wires touching the center conductor.

The SL1PLL LNBFs are double electrical tested in factory QC. While it is always possible that it may be defective, it is unlikely.

Try a short coax jumper with the LNBF near the receiver to test the run and connectors.

I rolled out about 15 feet of RG6/quad, crimped it and the MIcroHD still flashes ON when connected to the SL1PLL. It turns ON (solid green) when I disconnect the LNB.

What really sucks is its Friday and its too late to order a new one for the weekend. :(

Sorry to hear about the problem!

Do you have any other LNBF to test to be sure that it is the LNBF and not the microHD?

If you have confirmed the issue is the LNBF, please call our support team and they will ship a replacement at no cost.

Ive got an Invacom and BSC621-2D lying around somewhere..
I'll do some testing/swapping tonight and over the weekend.

Cheers, K

Well this is odd.. Changed lnbs. Set motor to reference, entered long and lat, set 72W to usuals. Usually, I set the receiver to 12053 v 6890 (NBC mux): signal 0 quality 0. All other transponder come in at S:45 Q:10.

Did 12053 just disappear?

Cheers, K

What LNBF are you using? If the Invacom, what port and LO setting. If BSC621-2D, what LO and bypassing switch?

Have you confirmed that the dish is correctly aimed and peaked for 72w? Skew correctly set?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts