Advice needed

Leesburg

Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
I am a newcomer and this is my first question.
We are Canadians spending some time in Leesburg, Florida. We have a manufactured home in a seniors park. We are trying to connect a Bell ExpressVu dish. (We subscribe to Bell in Canada.) We can't seem to make the connection. We have been using a "tracker" from Radio Shack, but it seems to be inconsistent.
We would appreciate any help or advice anyone can give us.

I am a newcomer and this is my first question.
We are Canadians spending some time in Leesburg, Florida. We have a manufactured home in a seniors park. We are trying to connect a Bell ExpressVu dish. (We subscribe to Bell in Canada.) We can't seem to make the connection. We have been using a "tracker" from Radio Shack, but it seems to be inconsistent.
We would appreciate any help or advice anyone can give us.

BEV does not have good coverage in Florida.

In that part of Florida, you should get all the channels with BEV.
South of Tampa, you start losing channels.

I'm assuming you are having problems lining up the dish. Where you are at, it will be almost due south, with the dish pointed almost all the way up. You want the 91 deg. sat.

Excellent reception in Ocala

Excellent reception in Ocala about 22 miles north of Leesburg.

I made use of an existing DishNet dish that was originally setup (aimed) for Dishnet services. All I had to do was increase the elevation by 6 degrees as measured on the mount scale and then turn the dish towards the south until I detected a signal. I used a pair of cordless telephones on 'intercom mode' to listen to the 'buzz' of Point Dish/Signal setup screen on the satellite receiver. (It took about an hour for a complete newbie to find the signal.) A satellite finder would definitely speed up the process.

Transponders

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)