Advice on getting waiver approved

slccc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Lubbock, Texas
I have Dish and currently have waivers via All American Direct for CBS and ABC E/W (Atlanta/San Francisco). I also asked last December for FOX to be approved but they denied my claim in January. I called All American Direct and they told me to contact my local station again to ask them to approve my previous waiver. My question is: does anyone know what I should say or write to get my local affiliate to approve this waiver? My reception for my local FOX station is good, but I want the FOX affilate (mostly west coast station) for time shifting purposes and sporting events not covered in my area. Does anyone know the "write thing to say" that will get an affiliate to generally approve a waiver? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I doubt a station will EVER grant you a waiver simply because you want a different time zone station, not to mention that "reception .... is good". Only if you can prove that you can't pick them up will they even consider granting a waiver.

If you understand the meaning of "Move" on this site, then perhaps you should install E* in your "RV". AAD seems to check "RV" similarly to how E* checks "Moves".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)