Advice please?

InHouse

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Midwest
Been researching and don't understand all the details so asking for some advise please as I don't understand all the lingo completely.

I've been to TVFool and other sites reading and reading.
My situation is as follows

Channels I'm looking to receive run from about 160 to 189 azimuth
Distance from them is from 38 to 53 miles
Height will be an easy 40 feet on rooftop which puts me above most everything near me in that general direction
From what I can gather I need a VHF/UHF antenna pre-amped as a couple channels going/staying VHF

The station I want most is at 44.3 miles and 171 azimuth, UHF

Will I be able to pickup the other channels within the span mentioned above also? Not sure if this is enough information but looking for input for any parts of the install as I don't want to spend alot of money to buy something that may or may not work for my situation.

Specific Antenna and pre amps or other suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I have had pretty good luck with an Antennas Direct DB8 that I have had for a few years. It is designed for UHF but has pretty good Vhf coverage as well. They also have new Clear Stream models that are supposed to have better high VHF, channels 7-13. All the channels I'm getting are less than 40 miles, but the antenna is rated for 70+ miles. If you decide to go with Antennas Direct, check out Solid Signal, they have better prices. As for the pre amp. I would try just the antenna to start, unless you have a really long cable run or are splitting the signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)