Advice requested - looking for Indy500 from FTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

atheos

Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
Midwest
Hello,

I'm a big Indy500 fan, and this year I've actually purchased a home in speedway to reside in for the month of May. This will be a hangout spot for many family members, and we will have some family members watching the kids from the house while we are enjoying the race in the stands. Indianapolis has been in a blackout for many years, so I'd like to know if I can receive the race from a satellite dish without having to send dish networks, or directv false billing address information to sidestep the blackout.

I know I could probably find the race online, but I want something that's a bit more reliable than an internet connection. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

You may be lucky, here. Do you have room for a C Band dish? I think a good bet will be a 1.2m dish and a C Band LNBF would get you this. I'm pretty sure the Caribbean Mux, 99W, ABC will have it, but you'll need an HD receiver.

And again on C Band, you might try scanning some of the ABC feeds to find it, and if you do, it may be that you'll find several up-links from different cameras around the track.

Here in AZ we watched in OTA last year, in HD.

Good luck.

Photto

I watched it in 2008 via KTWO in Wyoming from sat G-18 KU, 123W, but they went dark at the end of the year when Equity went bankrupt. I am only 16 miles from the track. But, ABC does have the rights. El_Viejo

I do have room for a C Band dish, but I'm not sure if the large building next to me will be an issue. I'm going to try and find someone locally who can assist me with this, but so far, craigslist has no leads. Thanks for the info!

I do have room for a C Band dish, but I'm not sure if the large building next to me will be an issue. I'm going to try and find someone locally who can assist me with this, but so far, craigslist has no leads. Thanks for the info!

Ask around if any of your friends have an iPod. I understand there is an app for this, have them point their iPod at the sky and find the location of the satellites.

You might try hoping that Dee Ann might ring in here, she showed a picture from her iPod in one of her posts when she was checking out her back yard. And then you would KNOW instead of guessing where and if, ya know?

Photto

That's nice but I am wondering, where were you watching the OTA signal FROM and can it be received from Indy?

I had a picture posted here a couple of years ago where I had my Patriot 1.2m dish leaning against a wood post, wired and balanced there with blocks on each side to keep it from moving away from the spot I wanted it. With an old analog lnb I had found the Caribbean mux and watched the networks from there, including ABC and FOX. That survived through three different receivers, so it ~should~ work for you temporarily.

IF your yard is large enough and IF you have LOS, for a temporary setup, there is a suggestion for you.

You might also look at (again) dishfinder and look at the picture of your house and point where you might want to place a dish, and see if there are obstructions.

Just another idea.

Photto

sorry for the long delay.
Im just south of lafayette indiana about 45 miles from the track. I watched it from an illinois station . channel 15.

The channel 15 from illinois , I believe its an abc station. I have watched it 2 years in row with no interuptions and all im using is rabbit ears and a converter box to an older tv set we use in the kitchen.

The race has passed but I watched it from a station in Chicago via 119W that is in the clear 'ITC' on KU band. Yes, ABC has the rights to the race. El_Viejo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)