Advise Needed-Direc TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wkelsay

Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Life was so simple before HD. I'm retired and have two houses. One is on a lake where I stay about 7 months of the year. In the present, I just carry a receiver there and have my DirecTV programming. I want to get an HD DVR installed at the other location. The problem is the lake is located in a major city area with great local stations and that is my address of record with DirecTV. The other locations has small town local stations that are not broadcast in HD. I.ve thought about installing my own Slimline dish and buying a HR-21 and just calling to have it activated. I called DirecTV a few months ago and they proceeded to miss 4 appointments so I cancelled. I also want to tread lightly in order not to lose my good channels.

1. WELCOME!

2. Is the 2nd property within the same spot beam as you actual service? If not, you will not receive the spot channels anyway.

3. If you are suggesting that you will have a PERMANENT 2nd address install, that is illegal/against your DirecTV user agreement. BUT, if you are talking about a permanent DISH and sometime a few weeks or so take your extra receiver to the 2nd address, then that MIGHT fall under acceptable use. As you have said you are not sure you want to ask DirecTV that, but maybe you should.

Get it all installed at house #1, then "move" to house #2. Carry your box with you and everything should be okay. Or get a second box at the new house. D* doesn't like to bend many rules so what they don't know won't hurt them. The spot beam may be a problem, but you can always just hook some rabbit ears up to the tv if it's got an internal tuner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

3 Separate Dishes, Which Switch

VOD service-Is it really this slow?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)