AEREO TV using ROKU

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Since I get these locals over the air, I will wait for the Canadian lineup. Dish and Direct don't want to sell this to me.

Just by looking at their website, Aereo tv looks like it's just a bunch of locally available channels (maybe 1 or 2 others) that are not going to look near as good in quality over the internet, as an OTA antenna. What's the point?

The point is to offer the equivalent of OTA reception to NYC residents using the internet instead of putting up an OTA antenna which isn't so easy if you live in a high rise.

looks like they are trying to expand

from northpine.com
Embattled online TV streaming service Aereo announced Tuesday that its expanding from New York to 22 additional cities, including Minneapolis and Madison. The service streams signals of broadcast TV stations to users for $8/month without consent from the stations, which has prompted a lawsuit that's still pending. Aereo assigns each user an individual dime-sized antenna within an array of tiny antennas and therefore argues that it is merely offering an antenna service allowed under federal law. Aereo did not announce which geographic areas would be eligible to subscribe to its service; currently, its New York City channels are only available in the city itself.

http://blog.aereo.com/2013/01/aereo-is-expanding-to-22-u-s-cities/

The Aereo website has been updated and a free subscription is available for supported cities which allows 1 hour viewing per day to give users a preview of the service. Programming is also HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)