After blackout...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mcsj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 25, 2004
Strom hit my town last night and we got a blackout.

When the power comes back, my GAEBOA box no longer works... Sat B & C works fine, but I got these strength readings from Sat A...

0 0 91 0 87 85 0 0
0 93 93 0 0 86 0 0
0 0 88 60 92 0 91 87
87 88 85 0 87 92 90 91

And "searching for satellite signal" appears on many channels.

Is my receiver dead? I really hate to see it go, because it has a S-video output and optical audio output, not to mention RF remote. :)

Have you tried resetting the rec? If you have more than one, test the reciver at another location, if not then d recommends a sc.

Reset the receiver... still the same thing.
Also I found that all my local channels (72.5) are all missing -- not just "no signal".

Have you tried another receiver at the same location or your receiver at another location? This will isolate WHERE the problem lies. Your dish or your receiver.

After I followed charper1's suggestion... turns out my receiver is dead. Call D* and they sent me a replacement -- a lousy D10-100!! I lost Dolby Surround Sound, RF remote, VCR connection, optical audio output........... and the picture quality is worse than my GAEBOA.

I called D*, and they told me that they don't have GAEBOA in stock so they can't send me a new GAEBOA for replacement.

What a rip off! GAEBOA was not a standard receiver when I purchase it so I did pay (not much, but still) hard $ on that.

IIRC, HNS no longer makes equipment so D* wouldn't have any GAEBOA's in stock.

There is no comparable model in the lineup. The closest would be the TiVo that has optical output but dosen't have the rest of your missing features. You might want to shop Ebay.

I would say give customer retention a call. The H10 is the only current model that had your "minimum requirements" for what you had purchased. If you have the D* replacement plan - I would say they should giver it to you. If not, Ebay is your friend.

Nono... I mean. My GAEBOA is still under warranty, so I expect that I will get a similiar (if not identical) box. But turns out I don't get what I expected.

Fkostyn, my second call to D* was to customer retention... they want to to commit another year before they would send me a box as good as GAEBOA. I said no. Probably I will quit D* when my contract is up.

DTV has switched everything to house brand units, i.e. D10, H10, and R10......an house brand HD DVR is in the works......therefore they won't have any other brand in stock. They are going to a uniform receiver in each region. I would suggest trying ebay to get your requested receiver.

Thanks for your comments... but I am dropping D* tonight.

any dtv receiver comes with a commitment dish is similar have had quite a few people go to dish only to come back of course I only hear bad things about dish from former customers the reason for the commitment is the cost of the installers if you insist dtv may waive the commitment also the picture quality should be no different in may be in the installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)