After Contract, then what?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sdsat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
I'm about to make the Directv jump. I will get the 2 year contract with all kinds of discounts. I'm wondering what happens at the end of the contract. Will I just have to pay the full cost or does Directv cut deals to get you into a new contract. I assume I wouldn't want any new equipment at the end of 2 years. But, it would be nice to catch a break on programming costs. Just wondering what to expect. Thanks

It just maintains the current non-promo pricing. Unless you make changes.

I've just been reading old posts and many say that if you are out of contract you can call and ask for deals. Sounds alot like my cell phone contracts. The full price is more than cable for me. So, I'd have to weigh going back to cable. But, if they cut deals (even $10/month or something), I'd probably stay a long time with them. Just wondering what happens when you become a free agent.

You can always call and ask anything; but the majority of users do not get anything more than what they pay for. You could go the route of always threatening to cancel to try to weasel deals out of them to keep you, but be careful; they might just call your bluff and do keep account notes on such activities. Good luck to you!

You can always call and ask anything; but the majority of users do not get anything more than what they pay for. You could go the route of always threatening to cancel to try to weasel deals out of them to keep you, but be careful; they might just call your bluff and do keep account notes on such activities. Good luck to you!

The majority of the older posts that I read earlier today indicated that Directv offered something to retain existing customers who were out of contract. I'm not even a Directv customer yet, so this doesn't really apply to me yet. But, I'm not sure I'd call it weaseling to call up after your contract is over and ask if they have any deals to keep you. I've been on cable forever so I can always go back if they "call my bluff" . . . .

The cell phone companies will certainly offer you new equipment and other incentives to stay at the end of your contract. Why not Directv?

The majority of the older posts that I read earlier today indicated that Directv offered something to retain existing customers who were out of contract. I'm not even a Directv customer yet, so this doesn't really apply to me yet. But, I'm not sure I'd call it weaseling to call up after your contract is over and ask if they have any deals to keep you. I've been on cable forever so I can always go back if they "call my bluff" . . . .

The cell phone companies will certainly offer you new equipment and other incentives to stay at the end of your contract. Why not Directv?

The cell phone companies offer you new phones so they can get you into another 2 year contract, D* doesn't do that.
That said, many have called and gotten a deal of some sort.
at the end of your contract call them and tell them your bill is higher than you had hoped and see what they will do, many times they will give you maybe $ 10 off for 6 months ...

You've got a long ways to go before you get there, by then you will probably want the newest equipment they are currently using and D* will discoult it for you so you will be interested.

Jimbo

Since my grandfathered package is less expensive than the new options I've just let my DirecTV account stay as is. My last negotiations with them was five years ago on programming and about a year ago on equipment. They didn't offer me a deal on a new programming package when I upgraded to a Slimline and HD DVR last August. In fact, as I recall the CSR said he couldn't match or improve my programming package for less money and he suggested I just let it ride.

Since my grandfathered package is less expensive than the new options I've just let my DirecTV account stay as is. My last negotiations with them was five years ago on programming and about a year ago on equipment. They didn't offer me a deal on a new programming package when I upgraded to a Slimline and HD DVR last August. In fact, as I recall the CSR said he couldn't match or improve my programming package for less money and he suggested I just let it ride.
Many of us continue with the older package, everyone NEW needs to decide on the newer packages though.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts