After morning uplinks.. finding satellites... stuck?

drmatsci

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Ridgecrest, CA
Every morning when I get up at 6am the uplinks are done but the screen is stuck on the 'finding' screen and always sits at 0/5. I turn the unit off and on with the remote, and it finds everything and updates the guide. But why doesn't it do it automatically? I shouldn't have to turn it off and on again to get it to start, right? It looks like after the uplink it tries to do it but never starts - just sists there at 0/5. Its not a problem with my signal.

What's the deal? I find it annoying because I want to watch the news first thing while drinking coffee / breakfast and getting ready for work. Waiting 5 minutes plus for the thing to load is very annoying!

anyone have this issue? Or have thoughts?

Mine did the same thing this morning - I just got it as a replacement of my previous 722. I guess I'll see what happens tomorrow. Do you have a USB drive connected to yours? The reason I ask is that's another change I made.

Mario

Solution: Get up 5 minutes earlier. ;)

Just kidding, I have a 722 and have not had that problem. There might be something wrong with the receiver. I would have it replaced as it is only a couple of weeks old. Better safe than sorry and also, you'll loose everything you have recorded unless you have an external hard drive.

I've had the same problem with my 211s lately. Had to do a Check Switch to clear it on each. You can stop the EPG download if you want the receiver back sooner.

Last edited:
Mine was stuck as normal this morning, but I simply turn the power off and then on and it loads through that sat finding screen and guide download normally. Do you run the check switch to get past that screen or to try and solve the 'sticking' problem completely? If you have to run a check switch to clear the screen then it sounds like a different issue. Power to standbye and then back works fine for me. I suspect its not a hardware issue but a software issue.

Please post updates on anything they tell you.

The DISH tech was a bit stumped too. We cleared it by doing a check switch again and I also unplugged the external drive to make sure it's not causing a problem. The tech put a note on the account that it is a recurring problem so they'll replace the receiver if it happens again.

Rebooting the receiver doesn't clear the problem.

Mario

Try making sure you are locked on Echostar 119 on the Point Dish screen(menu,3,1,1)
That's be quite a trick on Eastern Arc...

My 722 was working normally this morning but I had the external HD disconnected. I'll watch it for a few days and then try hooking it back up again if things seem OK. Has anyone else had this problem?

Mario

Forced 721 upgrade - go to 522/625 or 612?

"Signal Lost" pop up message on 622??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)