After replacing receiver, can no longer "see" NBA League Pass channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shenglish

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
The HD on my 722 went bad and the DVR stopped working; replacement 722 arrived this morning.

Had some issues with the activation, but my standard programming is working ok now.

But, I subscribe to NBA League Pass and can no longer even see the channels (560-572, 9560-9572, I believe.) A tech came out and swapped it for a 722k; same problem. I can tune to channels 561 and 9561, but the rest are not even listed in the guide. (561 was always an oddball - the HD mirror of 561 was only accessible at 9561 before, while the rest were always listed in the 560s.)

According to system info, I'm pointed at 119, 110, and 129 ok.

Everything was working fine with my nba league pass as recently as last night before I swapped the receivers; I don't know if it was working this morning before the switch.

They say the league pass is on my account properly - but I just checked and it said I needed to subscribe to get the single game on 561. But, even so, I should be able to see the other channels and it would just say subscription required if I tried to select them.

I'm not a subscriber to NHL center ice, but it looks like I can similarly only see one channel of that.

Is anyone aware of any global problems with the league pass or center ice packages that occurred today? Or could I be pointed at the wrong satellites somehow? (I'm in Detroit.) I can't imagine why else I would be able to see all the channels except these, and that the problem would occur with two different receivers.

Advanced tech support immediately told me that the problem was that the league pass subscription was not activated on the new receiver, just like every other time I upgraded or replaced. Apparently you cannot 'see' the rest of the channels if you are not subscribed.

A technician spent 3.5 hours trying to fix this for me today, about 4 first line CSRs couldn't figure it out, and I spent about 45 minutes going through system resets with a CSR while I insisted that it was probably a problem with the pay per view subscription...the first line guys should really have a better grasp of this stuff!

Did the CSR send a re-authorization "hit" to your receiver?

They said a few times they were doing something like that, but obviously didn't help.

It was just a simple problem of the pay per view not being activated on the new receiver. When I activated the new receiver over the phone, I even warned the guy that "every time I change receivers, my league pass doesn't carry over properly - can you please make sure that doesn't happen this time?" And it did happen, wasting my whole evening and about 3.5 hours of a techs time, wow!

When they took off the old receiver and activated the new receiver, they didn't transfer the subscription to the new receiver's smart card. They do this in a separate program. Few front line agents will ever encounter this scenario. Next time you swap receivers, don't call dish. Go online and use tech chat instead. Most of them would have swapped your receivers in their computer and addressed this issue immediately.

Next time you call have whoever you talked to pull the receiver off the account and put it back on and that should do it.

You might have to replace the receiver again...

I had a situation last July with 111's on a commercial account not getting local channels. I finally gave up after a week trying to get it resolved and gave the customer all new receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)