Aiming my satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rockcandymountain112

Original poster
Sep 9, 2014
I've had both dish network and now I have directv. For about 5 yrs I've tried at various times to get a satellite dish that I bought to work with one of my receivers. I got a kick out of the technician I called today. I told him what I was doing and he told me that I cannot move my receiver without incurring an installation charge. I guess once you get satellite tv you are not allowed to re-arrange your furniture without them helping.

So here's what I cant get an answer to from them.

My receiver is an HR24-500 The dish has a label on it that says Dual LN3 18LNBR0-03. On the face of the dish it says Directv but does NOT say anything about being a slim line. The dish is oval shaped measuring about 21 inches top to bottom and 18 inches across. I would like to know the correct dish type, switch type and tuners so that I can input the correct information into the setup screen.

I also am unable to make the setup screen produce an audio tone to make aiming it easier.

:welcome to Satelliteguys rockcandymountain112!

You have an hd dvr, but an older style dish that doesn't receive hd signals. You need to get a Slimline dish. It's odd that you have that combination. Are you paying for hd service? If so, get Directv back there to install the correct Slimline dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)