Akai LCD's

BKP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
Vacationland, USA
Has anyone seen the Akai LCD's.. I'm looking the 27" at Radio Shack mostly because it's only 10 minutes away.. Disabilities limit me from leaving the house..

Thanks, Brent

Walmart must have got some new LCD's in since last week.. Wow, that's a great price... But, I can't believe it doesn't have s-video..

I'm just trying to keep things local because last time I bought a TV I went through 3 before I settled on the Toshiba I have and that was a PIA.. My parents are 70 so it's easier to get them to drive 10 miles rather than 30-60....

The TV guy at my local Radio Shack is going to let me know what he can order for LCD's..

Thanks, Brent

I have an AKAI 32" LCD w/DVD player in our rec room. I got it at Costco for about $750. It works fine and looks good. However, the remote codes are not stored in any universal remote, including the Dish Network 721 and 622 remotes. I had to buy a universal remote w/learning ability to get one to work with it.

Again, nothing special, but it's not that bad.

Walmart must have got some new LCD's in since last week.. Wow, that's a great price... But, I can't believe it doesn't have s-video..

I'm just trying to keep things local because last time I bought a TV I went through 3 before I settled on the Toshiba I have and that was a PIA.. My parents are 70 so it's easier to get them to drive 10 miles rather than 30-60....

The TV guy at my local Radio Shack is going to let me know what he can order for LCD's..

Thanks, Brent

If you have a Costco/Sams club you can get a Vizio VXL32 for the same price and it has S-video. Not that you would need S-video for much any more. IMO opinion advent is not a quality product. Consider either Vizio or even Olevia for a good bang for the buck. Nothing wrong with ordering on line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)