AL EAST 2009

In the very NEXT at-bat, Tallet gave up a two run homer to highly touted rookie Matt LaPorta.

LaPorta's first Major League hit is a homer.

It's now Blue Jays 2...........Indians 2

Alvin just hit a home run and the Red Sox still lead 4-3. It was a solo shot by Alvin so Simon and Theodore didnt score.

Looks like there was some miscommunication at the new YS last night:

Hundreds of irate fans - some who claim Yankee employees told them the game had been rained out - stormed away from Yankee Stadium before Monday night's game against the Red Sox even got underway and couldn't get back in, resulting in a an ugly scene at one of the ticket gates.
Yankees fans told Red Sox game cancelled, not let back into Stadium

Jason Bay hit a homer in last night's Sox win.

I predicted he'd hit three in the series- I hope he hits two today.

Jay Bay just hit a three run dinger in the top of the 1st.

Red Sox 4, Yankees 0.......................bottom of the 1st

Red Sox 4, Yankees 3 headed to the 8th.

Man did Joba ever settle down after giving up four runs in the first. Over the next 4 2/3 innings, Chamberlain struck out 12 Red Sox.

Yeah, but the Yankees lose again. Thats a shame. Maybe its the bad weather or the price of the seats but did you see the empty seats at Yankee Stadium?

Red Sox have PWNED the Yanks so far.

When it comes to spending money to build a winner in baseball, it must be spent wisely.

(Yes, Boston paid a lot for Dice-K, but he's had a lot of good moments.)

I wonder if "yankee" Bob Watson is going to suspend Jethro Chamberlain for obviously throwing at Jason Bay? Probably not, because Francona and a Sox outfielders didn't act like a ass, and handled it well.

Uh-Oh, me thinks the rivalry is about to hit a fever pitch yet again:

Wed, 05/06/2009 - 12:08pm
Farrell on Chamberlain hitting Bay: 'Those things aren't forgotten'
By: Rob Bradford
Speaking on the Dale & Holley Show, Red Sox pitching coach John Farrell insinuated that the Sox were suspicious of the motivations of Yankees starter Joba Chamberlain when he hit Jason Bay in the fifth inning of the Red Sox' win Tuesday night. "Typically, we let the game play out itself because I think our guys have each others backs and they are certainly going to be supportive if a situation like that were to arise," Farrell said. "Speaking specifically about last night, he strikes out 12 guys, doesn’t seem to have too many command issues, and if there was a purpose or intent to throw up and in you can disguise it a little bit more than making it very obvious with the first pitch in the middle of the back to Jason Bay. Those things aren’t forgotten. We know there is a history there between the pitcher in New York and our guys here and not to say that he was specifically out to do that but I think history speaks for itself and we’ve got a number of games left with these guys." Listen to the entire interview.

Those pesky NY tabloids are at it again:

gal_back_05_06.jpg

My night starts out with Indians-Red Sox at 7:00.

The Bruins-Hurricanes get underway at 7:30.

Finally, the Magic-Celtics tip-off at 8:00.

At least the starting times are staggered, but once again, the remote batteries will need replacing after tonight. :D

There's one thing I am pissed about: The Bruins once again kick the Red Sox to NESN Plus, but my carrier (Verizon FiOS) doesn't have an HD channel up and running for NESN Plus! :mad:

The Bruins-Hurricanes get underway at 7:30.

Finally, the Magic-Celtics tip-off at 8:00.

At least the starting times are staggered, but once again, the remote batteries will need replacing after tonight. :D

Who'll be the tougher playoff opponent- the Canes or the Magic?

My Two Cents on Alex Ovechkin

OK....the kool-aid has worn off....BENCH JaMarcus Russell!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)