Al Jazeera America $5.00 a la carte ?

Still no name change on 215 epg or online under programming / a la carte ordering and the aspect ratio is still cropped way off compared to Comcast or Directv.

I guess dish thinks if they ignore AJAM's existence they can ride both sides of the fence, we will not confirm or deny we actually carry that channel.
We will not support this channel and correct our video problems. I would expect better from dish since they have had such a long relationship with the original AJ News Arabic on internationals.

After a week you have to think, "There's more to it."

It is supposed to be channel 215 but does not show up on my TV in SD or HD. I am on the top 120 package, a news channel with less commercials would be great.

2nd Wednesday uplink report is out and still no name change, Dish will not confirm or deny channel 215.

So I dropped Current TV today after my 30 days were up. Not worth $5 unless I am getting BBCW, NHKW, AJAM, FR24, CNNI.

Was tired of the cropped picture and current TV dish banner!

Last edited:
So Friday end of day has arrived and still no name change, very odd, much less dish addressing the video/graphics/aspect ratio problem, top and left side graphics still cut off.

Right now "ONY HARRIS" is hosting "IVE." That's dish for Tony Harris is hosting Live.

I forgot to mention "Current TV" is still available to order a la carte for $5 a month on dish.com.

They have aired commercials promoting AJA on 215. I'm not sure if these are paid by the network or dish inserts even though dish inserts usually specify channel number while paid for by network usually says "check your listings or provider"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts