Al Jazeera America question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Bobby said:
But when you watch it you find out that your preconceived thoughts are entirely wrong. It actually is a good news channel. I watch it on my ROKU.....

I watch & like it too. It's a decent news channel.

Well, then stop talking. :D

Sorry, could pass up making fun of that typo. :)

What typo are you talking about ? I didn't spell it wrong . I checked and got the correct spelling for Propaganda and Al-qaeda . I even spell checked it by google.a OH the word to instead of TOO. Oh yeah , you got me. As usual the spell check and grammar police are out tonight.:rolleyes: Once again a thread turns into a place where the petty is the norm and everyone likes to pile on top of a person for posting his true feelings.

I do honestly feel that any channel coming from an Arabic country or and Arabic sounding named channel , is going to make me think twice about anything I watch on it. I feel the same thing about FOX news and their right wing leaning. I don't watch it either and have it BLOCKED on all my satellite hoppers & joeys along with BLAZE - GLenn Beck nut job. I simply don't want to listen to negative crap put forth by these type of people. I am not alone in this feeling I'm sure and there are those on the other side of the spectrum that hate liberal channels like MSNBC . The difference is I am man enough to admit that I lean left of center and not afraid to post it.

Last edited:
What typo are you talking about ? I didn't spell it wrong . I checked and got the correct spelling for Propaganda and Al-qaeda . I even spell checked it by google.a OH the word to instead of TOO. Oh yeah , you got me. As usual the spell check and grammar police are out tonight.:rolleyes: Once again a thread turns into a place where the petty is the norm and everyone likes to pile on top of a person for posting his true feelings.
Holy crap...no.... "I" instead of "It". Read it again. :rolleyes: Basically it read like "I sound like propaganda".

Holy crap...no.... "I" instead of "It". Read it again. :rolleyes: Basically it read like "I sound like propaganda".

Sorry, I was tired when I read your post and didn't see the forest for the trees or I in this case. I guess your meaning when you post things, doesn't always come off sounding right when you misspell something. Either that or I am spending too much time in the Pit and it is getting to me.:eek:

No problem man, you're one of the good guys. I was just poking a little fun, and it had nothing to do with grammar or spelling, just the typo. :)

Last edited:
What's it been, 5 months? After this much build-up, one hopes the result will be spectacular (and that Dish will carry it, and that it will spawn competition (BBC Intl, etc.).

They hired Ali Velchie (sp); the cnn financial guy, to head up their finance reporting. Been around a long time and does a good job explaining things.

Sent from my S3 using SatelliteGuys

They could keep "The Young Turks" from CurrentTV's present lineup, and the show wouldn't even have to change it's name to fit in with the new branding for the network. ;)

Speaking of which, have they said whether there is there any chance they'll keep any of the present programs and on-air personalities? I know it's going to be re-branded and be centered around more straight news and less opinion, but that wouldn't necessarily rule out them keeping around a familiar face or three.

Last edited:
The more news stations the better. I dont care what part of the world they come from or are focused on. I make my own decisions on if the story is reported correctly.
Sure would also like to see BBC News.
I would also like ALL the news channels to be in the same channel range for easy flipping so move RT and CCTV news down to the rest please so I don have to look all over the guide to find things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts