Albuquerque and New Mexico HD

Well you just posted the list of channels in your locals.

I see it listed, but when you click on it, there's no info.

I am from Farmington and I called the KRQE station engineer and asked if a waiver was possible so I could at least get the CBS feed out of California. He told me there was no way they would give out waivers. I have the other three locals but not CBS, some dispute with a parenting co. that wants $$ for dish and direct to transmit the HD signal. The other companys that own the other stations are not charging, but this one wants to charge and dish will not pay, so we cant get the channel. At least that is what the engineer KRQE told me on the phone today.
Anyone else try. Maybe I talked to the wrong guy.

Last edited:
I've got a 622 through Worldlink here in ABQ and still don't have SAT based CBS HD local.

Fortunately I can rabbit ear CBS HD, and that's usually solid.

As far as the 622, it is "pretty good" with some serious video/audio synch issues currently on DVRd HD material.

Oddly that can be resolved by 2 or 3 "skip backwards" button presses, so it's mostly a nuisance.

Ahhhhrggg! I was hoping to watch the Masters in HD. I don't know about you guys, but I find golf in SD almost unbearable with smearing colors and a ball that never seems to be in focus. I tried to get a waiver from KRQE and got the standard s.o.l. dma rejection letter. Looks like the battle will continue for some time. I think the Gannett Corp. has forgotten what business they're in.

I wasn't going to say anything about it being Linn, but it was on their website.

Now on the bright side, the Gannett war seems to be ending from what I've read elsewhere, so perhaps there's hope.

I'm with you on the Master's thing, although I can maintain an OTA for KRQE if need be.

I am crossing my fingers hoping this dispute will end soon. I would love to see the Masters in HD. Being in Farmington I don't think I can get any OTA's. :(

I am in the middle of the install from down under right now! I will post a full report and link it to this thread when it is finished. It is already 5:15 and the installer is supposed to be back to START the install any time now! :eek:

Take a look here and pray yours works better!

Horrible Dish Install

Last edited:
Yes, lets keep the New Mexico posts going!
Has anyone been givin a waiver from KRQE for CBS HD from west coast. I was told by an KRQE engineer there was no way I would get one. Do I ask someone else besides an engineer, maybe a station manager.

I posted earlier that I got my waiver from KRQE but actually it was from KDBC in ElPaso - they were the station Dish told me to contact even though I get my normal dish CBS local from KRQE.

When I contacted KDBC the person they put me in contact with had just started there and he talked to Dish and gave me the waiver. It was actually hand written on a piece of KDBC stationary, but it did the job!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)