Albuquerque and New Mexico HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No response 2 days now for me. Oh and sorry to be a bit off topic, but I figured this thread at least gets mostly eyes from NM dish network subsribers; Anyone else have state tax added to your bill for the first time along with this price increase? I was bracing for this bill with the new price increases and I now have the price increase on top of a brand new state tax that is nearly as much as the price increase, double whammy!

What do you call that color? Puke yellow/green screen? Well I had it tonight in "Friday Night Lights." Getting a bit old and I don't know the reason for the problem.

Dish, KOB-TV, dropouts

Gentlemen, for what it's worth, I watch NBC in ABQ over the air (digital), and I've had trouble lately with prime time shows like "Life" having serious problems. I do not know if it's a reception problem or some kind of encoding/decoding thing, but it's looking more and more like the kind of phenomenon you get when you grab a video file from the internet and try to watch it before it's fully downloaded. The artifacts seem more complex and hallucinogenic/psychedelic than the simple blockiness and dropouts I get from a misaligned antenna.

So.... I wonder if that's what you're seeing on your Dish... badly decoded or downloaded video (I'm assuming KOB gets the feed earlier than the air time).

I hate to blame the local guys for this, but I'm wondering if Dish has no remedy for this other than to hope that KOB learns how to run an HD station. If a wind warning for some tiny corner of New Mexico is issued, we get to have a minute or so of downsized, non-HD programming with an obnoxious crawl and map superimposed. With all the DVRs in use now, these "breaking weather bulletins" are a big waste of time. I might as well be watching Weather Channel reruns.

I see great irony in the fact that they are switching off the analog soon (and working like hell to get everyone migrated), but they still can't produce a trouble-free digital experience.

dfergie, you are slightly more inside the Midland Odessa spotbeam than the Albuqueruqe spotbeam - this is of course provided for informational purposes only.

Yes,widescreen, but not HD, in the studio, just upconvert 16x9. It looked like some outdoor shots were HD but others were barely SD. I saw it on the 10PM news.
-Ken

KOAT has better looking news cast woman though. hmmmm

And DFergie just have to say "squarrel...."

KOB news went HD Sunday, with a mix of HD & SD (weather is Widescreen SD...)

Attachments

• KOB.JPG
    KOB.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 380
  • KOB SS.JPG
    KOB SS.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 370

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)