Albuquerque and New Mexico HD

No OTA version here, I am 300 miles for Albuquerque... different traditions down here(could care less about Zozobra)but I put it up for those that are interested and I agree on the bandwidth hogging...but still it beats the heck out of KRQE which LIN is still withholding HD from the Satellite providers...

Gee, I guess I am late. I usualy watch 13 OTA for the HD it was a real surprise to see the HD next to 13 on the guide.

Great news.

This was posted in the Albuquerque thread at AVS... repeating it here for anyone in range...
mdamberger said:
For viewers in S.E. NM. KOBR and KBIM, will be conducting a coordinated engineering test of both stations transmission and antenna systems.

Starting sometime after midnight Dec. 3rd and finishing before 6am Dec.3rd. This test will use both stations post DTV transition RF channels, 8 & 10. During the test both stations low power DTV transmitters will be shut down, ch.38 (8) & ch.41 (10). A test pattern or SD programming will be passed; HD equipment is not yet in place for this DTV test.

Both stations will be conducting reception reports from cable companies within the viewing area of their VHF DTV signals. We would appreciate any reports from off air viewers who would be up at this time. Please pass this on if you know of anyone interested. Any performance reports of digital VHF reception is of great interest.

Marcus Damberger
KBIM

KOB's pic is offset last night and this morning on the Today Show... looks like the refresh rate of the top half of the picture lags behind that of the bottom half. When there is a cut from one shot to another, the top half briefly displays black, while the bottom half looks normal. When there is significant movement in the picture, the top half lags behind the bottom half.

Anyone else seeing this? I assume this is KOB's problem since I'm not seeing it on any other Dish Network HD channels...

KOB's pic is offset last night and this morning on the Today Show... looks like the refresh rate of the top half of the picture lags behind that of the bottom half. When there is a cut from one shot to another, the top half briefly displays black, while the bottom half looks normal. When there is significant movement in the picture, the top half lags behind the bottom half.

Anyone else seeing this? I assume this is KOB's problem since I'm not seeing it on any other Dish Network HD channels...

Yes, this is happening and it looks terrible. Looks like screen tearing between the top and bottom halves. Not happening on OTA, so it must be a E* problem.

I just got in...will try to catch screen caps, not seeing it right now, but my CRT is messed up also ;)

If you happened to record anything from last night, you'll see it - on "Life", "Law & Order" for sure. Didn't catch Leno last night, but I suspect it would show up there, too....

Got some, I recorded Life but watched other things...

Attachments

• KOB 2.5.jpg
    KOB 2.5.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 445
  • KOB 2.5.9.jpg
    KOB 2.5.9.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 395
  • KOB 2.5.9a.jpg
    KOB 2.5.9a.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 408

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)