Albuquerque and New Mexico HD

Kasa Mia

Yes, same here. TiVOed it OTA as Comcast (after 9 attempts!) still can't provide a reliable set of CableCards. 24 is my wife's favorite, so it ain't good when I can't explain why 10 minutes in there's no more show to watch, especially after convincing her that $800 would get us reliable HD on all local channels. After months of weirdness like this (including some ABC shows with a missing dialogue channel) I'm beginning to think Albuquerque is doomed to receive unreliable OTA HD in perpetuity.

time for directv?

In Silver City we have no OTA options for HD and rely on HD sat feeds from ABQ. Which means no HD for Super Bowl, Masters, etc. from CBS affiliate morons at KRQE. Strike one. Last year, I was told that even though my "cutting edge" 622vip receiver has an HDMI output Dish Network doesn't support it. They're working on it, but nothing yet. Strike 2. Over past several months in addition to the dropout problems reported many times on this thread, I'm having chronic synch problems on FOX and NBC HD programming. When I reported this to Dish Network they said it was a "problem" with 622 receivers and they're working on it. Again, nothing fixed yet. Strike 3.

Have others had this experience. How many strikes do these guys get? Is DirectTV any better?

KASA Fox 2

Just got off the phone with the operator at KASA Fox 2. She was not very happy so I think they have been getting a lot of calls.

It was not the Dish or Direct signal it was KASA. I asked if they were going to do a re-broadcast of "24" and was told no! All she would tell me is they are working on the problem.
Call their General Manager and complain.

It works at KOB when their signal goes bad.

By the way...KASA is back up but too late for "24" fans.

In Silver City we have no OTA options for HD and rely on HD sat feeds from ABQ. Which means no HD for Super Bowl, Masters, etc. from CBS affiliate morons at KRQE. Strike one. Last year, I was told that even though my "cutting edge" 622vip receiver has an HDMI output Dish Network doesn't support it. They're working on it, but nothing yet. Strike 2. Over past several months in addition to the dropout problems reported many times on this thread, I'm having chronic synch problems on FOX and NBC HD programming. When I reported this to Dish Network they said it was a "problem" with 622 receivers and they're working on it. Again, nothing fixed yet. Strike 3.

Have others had this experience. How many strikes do these guys get? Is DirectTV any better?
In the same boat here south of Carlsbad, LIN who owns KRQE and now KASA has been the bottleneck in Directv getting the Albuquerque HD locals, they were to have went up in the last Quarter of 06, but are not up yet(why put up only 2 channels?)I had CBSHD until December first and really miss it. LIN is cutting their throat as I only watch about 3 programs from CBS in a week where I nightly watched something before...

In Silver City we have no OTA options for HD and rely on HD sat feeds from ABQ. Which means no HD for Super Bowl, Masters, etc. from CBS affiliate morons at KRQE. Strike one.]

This is a strike for both KRQE and E*. They should come to an agreement and do what is best for the consumer in this case.

Last year, I was told that even though my "cutting edge" 622vip receiver has an HDMI output Dish Network doesn't support it. They're working on it, but nothing yet. Strike 2.]

I'm using HDMI from my 622 to a 60" Sony SXRD. I just wish E* would add native resolution pass-through on the receiver. Your HDMI should work fine...

Over past several months in addition to the dropout problems reported many times on this thread, I'm having chronic synch problems on FOX and NBC HD programming. When I reported this to Dish Network they said it was a "problem" with 622 receivers and they're working on it. Again, nothing fixed yet. Strike 3.

I see intermittant problems on the locals. The most disturbing and regularly occurring one is the green pixelation from ABC.

I'm new to E* (former Directv) ad I have the 622 receiver.

"You're the one that I want" didn't recond in HD last night :mad: - and I noticed that the screen would black out every so often for a second or two with green garbage at the top of the screen for part of the blackout.

This seems to happen only with locals - this is an E* problem?

I didn't have this problem with Directv, but then again I didn't have HD with them either.:rolleyes:

What is an RSN? I keep reading about E* needing them - could someone enlighten me?

KRQE has a form on their website for satallite waiver - but I filled it out five days ago and never got a response.:mad:

-DD

-DD

This is a responce I got from Dish regarding digital breakup on KOAT.

We are aware of several issues on KOAT. We do not feel this is your system. We are currently working on resolving these issues. HD technology is relatively new and we are constantly trying to improve. We know for a fact that our engineering team is actively looking into the KOAT issue as well as a few others. It will be a matter of getting the problem identified and then corrected. Unfortunately, sometimes these things take awhile and then other times it is a matter of a few minutes.

We do want to thank you for your information and patience. You have been very helpful. Your email was sent to the engineers.

Thank you,

Regarding the KASA problem last week during 24 and other nights. The problem was with KASA's digital transmitter. So OTA and any HD on sat suppliers were affected. KASA said you should have just tuned into the analog transmission and that they don't have many HD subscribers.

Email recived from KASA

Unfortunately we are not allowed to rebroadcast Fox programming. If both our digital and analog signals had been lost, we probably could have gotten permission, but since the show aired in full on our analog channel, which still has a vast majority of the audience, we cannot. This has to do with payment to the actors, writers, etc. A rerun by one station can trigger a full set of payments to those contracted for the show.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Fred Woskoff

In an other letter from KASA,

The wonderful world we live in give viewers with HD sets the opportunity to watch either analog or HD, until the FCC pulls the analog plug. As every viewer has the opportunity to flip back to analog when the HD transmitter goes down, ...

Last edited:
Drydock said:
What is an RSN? I keep reading about E* needing them - could someone enlighten me?
Regional Sports Network
Cognato said:
The wonderful world we live in give viewers with HD sets the opportunity to watch either analog or HD, until the FCC pulls the analog plug. As every viewer has the opportunity to flip back to analog when the HD transmitter goes down, ...
umm thats why we get HD receivers... :rolleyes:

KASA Fox 2

The KASA Fox HD OTA signal dropped out twice during "24" tonight. Once at 8:19 and again at 8:34. I had to flip back to another channel a couple of times before the signal would lock in again.
Can I get the analog signal with my 622? How do I program it into my favorites?

"You're the one that I want" didn't recond in HD last night :mad: - and I noticed that the screen would black out every so often for a second or two with green garbage at the top of the screen for part of the blackout.

It's probably KOB-DT's issue. The off-air signal continues to have signal dropouts frequently (I'm guessing 2 per half-hour on average).

If DISH is getting KOB-DT from the off-air signal, the dropout of the signal issue would be there.

So lets say you're trying to watch a "HD" program on NBC: if the Dish loses the HD feed and it's SD instead, does that mean you should turn over to the antenna and It'd be HD? or they would both be knocked out and it doesn't matter?
I'm trying to understand if the feed Dish beams out is the same signal that the local stations broadcast over the air.

Thanks for educating me.
-DD

P.S. I've sent another request for satellite waiver at KRQE's website - no response. Creeps!

I got an email from James Lyons, Locals Engineering Manager at DISH Network requesting some specifics regarding the digital breakup on KOAT.

I would like to get to the bottom of this, but currently I have not identified any issue. This does not mean it is not there....

At least they seem to be looking into it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts