Albuquerque and New Mexico HD

Recent uplink activity

6325 - KRQE moved from 129.0W TP 8 to 129.0W TP 7

I suppose 6325 has always been there and this is just a placeholder and/or is SD until they get the contract with KRQE for HD...? I don't remember what channel number I use for KRQE, since I have the 622 setup to relabel the locals.

I want CBS in HD!!

I was wondering if the future all-digital changeover (Feb '07, right?) would have any effect on the E* - KRQE HD contract issue. That's a long time to wait, though. I would hope they get it together before then.

Missing closed captions (CC) on HD a lot of the time.

Of course, I'm looking at recordings mostly with my Dish 622. (Sure wish they would fix the sound loss problem, short of a reboot, added with the good update parts.) Too many times they play the background sound/music loud enough to block my hearing the faint voices. Very troublesome on Heroes but on many others too. With studio recording they should be able to level the actors.

-Ken

Anyone heard any recent news on KRQE HD. Are they still talking or is it in limbo. I live in Farmington and I don't get any OTA's and the super bowl this year is on CBS and I am really crossing my fingers I will see it in HD. Who at KRQE do you call?
Mikey
:confused:

Really miss the Closed Captions on KOAT-ABC-DT, again this week.

The best news is that it looks like CC is in sync on KRQE-CBS-DT this season. It ran 4 sec or so late last season making it unusable on the CSIs.

Now if we could get KWBQ-CW-DT to fix the circuit so Smallville was in true digital I would have one less complaint.

Finally figured that I could get CSI OTA (1 min afterward) and ER E* (1 min beforehand) (if not 1.5 min) that they run beyond the alloted times. Still a problem with Smallville and CSI as neither is on E*'s HD coverage and I have only one HD OTA tuner.

It's a little ridiculous with the number of new shows (as trials) being shown to capture all of them in HD. Can you say disk full. Plus Rick Steves and Rudy Maxa on PBS sans schedule (2 AM and 2:30 AM MDT) making beautiful new(?) travel shows.

-Ken

Anyone else having problems with KOB OTA signal? Getting a lot of breakup. Signal is close to 80.

Yes KOB HD signal OTA has deteriorated for some reason. I can not get a solid lock all of a sudden. Sat feed is fine. I am wondering if they have gone to low power for some reason.

On another matter I called the chief engineer at KRQE about the lack of 5.1 sound on OTA HD. He said they have older equipment and can not pass the 5.1 through on the HD feed. They don't have immediate plans on upgrading.

What is happening about KNME HD. E* is caring the standard resolution on the HD feed but not the 5.1 HD feed that is broadcast over the air. These are two different feeds with different programming. No guide info is available on the 5.1 HD just the SD analog which is also carried on 5.2.

On another matter I called the chief engineer at KRQE about the lack of 5.1 sound on OTA HD. He said they have older equipment and can not pass the 5.1 through on the HD feed. They don't have immediate plans on upgrading.

Here's the info I got via email. Hopefully my info is more right than yours :)

Currently we do not broadcasting in 5.1 audio. We
do have improvement plans in place that will include the purchase of
equipment to allow us to broadcast in 5.1. Look for this shortly after
the first of the year.

Franklin Lilley
Director of Engineering

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)