Albuquerque and New Mexico HD

Kob Ota

I have given up on KOB OTA and switched all y DVR recordings to Sat Feed. Tried to watch Nascar race Sunday and had to switch to Sat Feed , also.

It seems that the KOB OTA HD signal is back up. Checked it out this evening and the dropout was gone. Picture was back to normal.

I have been having problems with video breakup and loss of picture with frozen and green blocks on shows I have recorded off ABC KOAT Ch 7. It has been going on for weeks now and last 3 to 10 seconds at a time. Usually once or possibly twice in an hour long show. Have seen it on Desperate Housewives, Boston Legal, and Brothers & Sisters.

Has anyone else seen this? I am assuming it is local to KOAT or else there would be a larger outcry.

I have been having problems with video breakup and loss of picture with frozen and green blocks on shows I have recorded off ABC KOAT Ch 7. It has been going on for weeks now and last 3 to 10 seconds at a time. Usually once or possibly twice in an hour long show. Have seen it on Desperate Housewives, Boston Legal, and Brothers & Sisters.

Has anyone else seen this? I am assuming it is local to KOAT or else there would be a larger outcry.

I see this on both Boston Legal and Grey's Anatomy almost every show. I always watch them recorded, never live. It seems that there's always a dropout or deteriation of signal such that green pixelation occurs for several seconds a few times per show.

KOB ..What's UP?

Their good again..bad again OTA HD signal has been messed up for over two weeks. I left messages for the engineering department but they do not return calls or emails.
Friday I called and talked to Mr. Burgess (General Mgr. of KOB) and he had no idea there was a problem. I live in Santa Fe and there signal has dropout and looks like crap.
If others have the same problem please call the G.M. of KOB and let him know.

Their good again..bad again OTA HD signal has been messed up for over two weeks. I left messages for the engineering department but they do not return calls or emails.
Friday I called and talked to Mr. Burgess (General Mgr. of KOB) and he had no idea there was a problem. I live in Santa Fe and there signal has dropout and looks like crap.
If others have the same problem please call the G.M. of KOB and let him know.

Must have done some good. The signal is back to normal. Hope it lasts. Thank you Mr. Burgess.

KOAT always a nuisance. Seems like I hear a lot from around the country on ABC HD locals as well.

Latest issue I had was KASA 2 HD feed during House from Tuesday. My 622 recorded a perfect 1 hr and 4 minutes of blank. Then it promptly came back on around 9:04.

I don't understand why this is so hard.

ceo@echostar.com did get some people in touch with me regarding KOAT problems and alledgedly are working the issue now. Then again, it made me go away so it worked.

KOAT always a nuisance. Seems like I hear a lot from around the country on ABC HD locals as well.

Latest issue I had was KASA 2 HD feed during House from Tuesday. My 622 recorded a perfect 1 hr and 4 minutes of blank. Then it promptly came back on around 9:04.

I don't understand why this is so hard.

ceo@echostar.com did get some people in touch with me regarding KOAT problems and alledgedly are working the issue now. Then again, it made me go away so it worked.

My 622 recorded the same 1hr and 4 minutes. That was frustrating. Usually it is KOB that is unwatchable OTA HD. I have learned to record KOB through Dish Network to get a good recording.

The Cowboys game from KOB looked fairly good the other night...now its time for Krqe to join the 21st century (LIN) ...

Yes. I wish KRQE and E* would get it together. It's ridiculous. I don't watch much on CBS, though. Mainly, Broncos. The way they've been playing lately is depressing enough, and to watch them lose in Standard Def is unbearable.

My 622 recorded the same 1hr and 4 minutes. That was frustrating. Usually it is KOB that is unwatchable OTA HD. I have learned to record KOB through Dish Network to get a good recording.

So were you recording House OTA? I actually was recording it through the Sat HD link, so apparently it was a Fox 2 issue.

This happened during the World Series as I recall too.

I don't know why anyone in southern NM would get Dish locals.
I get 10 El Paso HD channels with a $35 outside antenna and the picture
is better quality than any of my Dish HD channels.

Did anyone notice problems with Saturday Night Live this weekend? I recorded it, and when I viewed the recording, I get the following weirdness:

First, it's in SD with Dolby Digital sound
Next, the picture drops out (black screen), but the sound is still there.
Then the SD picture comes back with audio stuttering, switching from Dolby Pro-Logic to Dolby Digital back and forth.
Then black screen, no audio.
Then GREEN Screen and DD audio. What was wierd about this screen was that the picture even effected the coloration of the DVR display controls, such that when you skip fwd and get the little blue/white arrow in the upper left, the colors of that display icon are washed out and no longer blue/white but now are washed out green-blue and light green outlines. It was strange. At first I thought my 622 was going belly up. I stopped the recording, and then all the normal DVR display colors of blue/white returned...

Anyway after a while the picture came back in SD and then finally in HD.

Did anyone else see this? I get my signal via the satellite, I don't have OTA reception.

Must have been a KOB problem. I watched it on KBCD-DT in Lubbock it it was HD, very good quality, no blips.

I see this on both Boston Legal and Grey's Anatomy almost every show. I always watch them recorded, never live. It seems that there's always a dropout or deteriation of signal such that green pixelation occurs for several seconds a few times per show.

I have changed the DVR recoding to OTA for some of the HD shows on KOAT and they have been fine but I still get the digital breakup and green squares on the HD sat feed. It is only on Ch 7 KOAT could it be an uplink or spot beam problem?

Should I talk with my local installer of complain to Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)