Albuquerque and New Mexico HD

That drop out happens during the day of SD programs too. My wife is always saying that Days of our Lifes does that all the time.

Any word on WB19 getting an HD signal? Every Smallville episode say "HD where available".
That show would be awesome in HD.

-DD

I was thinking about this last night at work, I recorded In Case of Emergency last Wed. and skimmed thru it Tuesday... there was a couple of times when Koat cut in with a news crawl which set it back to SD (where it used to do the breakup with mine all the time) no problems... the only thing I can think of is I replaced the Dish 1000 with a Dish 500 for 129 and my signal went up...(both were only pointed at 129)

KOB OTA Again!

It seems like they can't keep their signal going for more that 2 weeks. Once again ( it started 1 week ago ) KOB's OTA HD signal here in Santa Fe is breaking up. One would think that their engineering department would know of the problem without sombody having to call the station manager. I'd call engineering but they never respond.
I'll just have to ring him up tomorow.

I'm in the third week of signal breakup from KOB OTA. I finally have been able to communicate with the engineer and he is telling me that it is a problem ( in part ) with the Dish 622. Is anyone having breakup with another receiver?

Larry

Santa Fe

Now a problem with FOX 2 HELP!

I'm in the third week of signal breakup from KOB OTA. I finally have been able to communicate with the engineer and he is telling me that it is a problem ( in part ) with the Dish 622. Is anyone having breakup with another receiver?

Larry

Santa Fe

Talked to Dish and they said they have no record of any problem. Went to the roof and moved the OTA a little. Still have a problem with KOB. Now I'm getting a signal of 73-75 from KASA. Moved the antenna to try and improve the signal but can't. Dish said I must have at least a signal of at least 75 to pick it up.

Anyone else having a problem with KASA 2 (27) ? I can't miss "24" Monday night.

I am in Albuquerque in the heights and have a strong signal from the crest. OTA with a 622 receiver is 93 to 100. I have an antenna in the attic and it is touchy to set it to get OTA 19, 50, 13, 7, 5, 4 and 2. Still need the OTA for 50, 19, 13 and 5 since they are not HD on the dish and for 7 since it breaks up with the green squares every 30 minutes or so. With 2 dropping HD and 5 HD (pbs) only OTA it leave just one reliable HD channel on the dish 4 KOB. :0

When KOB goes to low power I get breakup on the OTA with a signal in the high 70's but the HD on the Sat is still fine.

As for KASA they have been having problems with the digital transmitter and when that happens I lose all HD on KASA both OTA and SAT but the standard def is still available on the Sat. (If I happened to be watching live to changed it). A few weeks ago I had to watch 24 off the web site since the 622 just recorded an hour of black).

One last question. We had the program guide for KNME 5 HD for a few week and now it is back to just saying Digital Service. What’s the story?

It's frustrating

You're the one that I want doesn't even try to broadcast in HD on Kasa Sunday nights, but American Idol looks great on Mondays.

What gives? Both say "In HD where Available" but the Grease show hasn't been in HD yet.

Kasa's fault?

Krqe won't answer my emails about HD over Dish - how completely rude.

Does Dish offer discounted OTA antenna's for us? If not or if so, how much did you have to pay for yours? I'm loosing faith that 19 or 13 will be over the Sat anytime soon (although Dish had told me they were working on it:rolleyes: ).

-DD

I got a DB2 for about $30. It has good gain but is a bit big for indoors. I have it in the attic and it works great.

Bah, I got an OTA this afternoon and it didn't pickup 13 - that's all I wanted. It got 2,4,5,7,19,23,42,50 - no 13.

Grrrrrrr, this must be a plot against me.

-DD

KOB 4 to provide first live TV broadcast of Zozobra KOB-TV 4 and the Kiwanis Club of Santa Fe have reached an agreement to offer the first live broadcast of the Burning of Zozobra on television throughout central New Mexico.
The broadcast on Thursday, September 6 will be carried live on Pinpoint 4 Weather Plus, available free with an antenna on digital TV Channel 4-2. (Learn how to receive digital TV for free.)
Pinpoint 4 Weather Plus is also available on Comcast Channel 208.
The broadcast will provide thousands of viewers, including all of the Albuquerque metro area, a chance to experience the Burning of Zozobra live for the first time on television. The event has previously only been available on Santa Fe cable.
The broadcast is currently scheduled for 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on September 6. A simulcast will also be available as a live video stream online starting at 6 p.m. on KOB.com.
This will be the 83rd Burning of Zozobra, the traditional opening of the Fiesta de Santa Fe. Zozobra, or Old Man Gloom, is burned in effigy to symbolically dispel the hardships and travails of the past year.
Source: KOB

KOB 4 to provide first live TV broadcast of Zozobra KOB-TV 4 and the Kiwanis Club of Santa Fe have reached an agreement to offer the first live broadcast of the Burning of Zozobra on television throughout central New Mexico.
The broadcast on Thursday, September 6 will be carried live on Pinpoint 4 Weather Plus, available free with an antenna on digital TV Channel 4-2. (Learn how to receive digital TV for free.)
Pinpoint 4 Weather Plus is also available on Comcast Channel 208.
The broadcast will provide thousands of viewers, including all of the Albuquerque metro area, a chance to experience the Burning of Zozobra live for the first time on television. The event has previously only been available on Santa Fe cable.
The broadcast is currently scheduled for 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on September 6. A simulcast will also be available as a live video stream online starting at 6 p.m. on KOB.com.
This will be the 83rd Burning of Zozobra, the traditional opening of the Fiesta de Santa Fe. Zozobra, or Old Man Gloom, is burned in effigy to symbolically dispel the hardships and travails of the past year.
Source: KOB

You seem to think this was a good thing. I disagree. I wish KOB would do away with it's sub-channel (which is usually nothing but a weather channel). It takes away from the bandwidth and makes their HD the worst in Albuquerque. This is also from a station that has not put any money into HD equipment of their own. Every time they have to overlay for breaking weather info, they have to do this in SD. This is very annoying, flipping from HD to SD during regular programming, even if the bad weather is 300 miles from my house. Also on Friday nights during the school year, the Tonight show is never shown in HD due to there stupid high school sports show which runs right after the 10PM news and delays Leno by 15 minutes. They have not invested in any HD recording equipment so all we get is glorious SD the rest of the night. We have an event in this town every year that is made for High Definition broadcasting, the balloon fiesta has yet to be broadcast live in HD by any of the local stations. They're all too cheap to even rent this equipment for the event because they seem to think we are all hicks who wouldn't appreciate it and there is no money in it. I guess we should all be thankful we have COLOR tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)