Alert Summaries

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
From now on, I will stick this thread with all the programming alerts. You may still create a thread or let me know to add an alert here. Thanks.

P.S. if you select each thread it may give you other time/date.

Look for exciting programming Saturday Night as Showtime will have boxing in HD and Starz will premiere Final Destination 2. Cinema 10 will be playing the Terminator all day and Monsters will repeat the Puppet Masters I-V if you missed it.

I notice the amt of viewers of this thread is 35..pretty high for this time of day...VOOm caused this with todays ad ons..keep it up VOOM

How much HD can you take?

Take a look at all the programming alerts for tomorrow Saturday and tell me if you will not have enough HD.

Sean Mota said:
Take a look at all the programming alerts for tomorrow Saturday and tell me if you will not have enough HD.

Sean, that is a fantastic list. Live HD soccer and the reanimator/evil dead movies. What more do you need?

Thanks a ton for that list!

Sean! Great thread! Are you really going to update it every day ?!! Wow!
FYI: tomorrow's game starts at 3PM EST (21:00 local = 20:00 GMT), not at 12 PM. The broadcast may actually start a few minutes earlier. Zap2it is not not accurate, I am afraid.

Yes, I will. I think it will give all newcomers and us a good sense what's the programming like once you get VOOM. Thanks for the update on the game.

Still looks like a bunch of bad programing to me. I will say that Voom did make me happy, and that is when I just got my credit card bill with the $819 credit for cancellation. Since going Direct HD, couldn't be happier. HDNET & ESPNHD are great. As I said before less programing, more content is better for some of us older guys. Just my opinion, but I'm entitled to it. Just shows there is something for all us, whether it D, E, V, or Cable, just go for what suits your taste best, if you don't like it try something else.

dcbag said:
Still looks like a bunch of bad programing to me. I will say that Voom did make me happy, and that is when I just got my credit card bill with the $819 credit for cancellation. Since going Direct HD, couldn't be happier. HDNET & ESPNHD are great. As I said before less programing, more content is better for some of us older guys. Just my opinion, but I'm entitled to it. Just shows there is something for all us, whether it D, E, V, or Cable, just go for what suits your taste best, if you don't like it try something else.

Not trying to create controversy or saying that you are wrong but ESPN-HD and HDnet do not complement, in my case, all the programming I get from Cinemax-HD, HBO-HD, Starz-HD, Show-HD, TMC-HD & the 21 exclusive channels. I love the choice of changing the channel if I do not like the programming and going to the next one in HD. As opposed to the HD Pack from E* where I am stuck in watching because there is no more (except for SD, of course). Here's the dilemma. You like your two channels, ESPN-HD and HDnet and you are happy with it and that should be the end of it. I love the more HD channels (even if crap at times) because it gives me the choice to watch or not and I am happy with that.

Both of us end up having what we want but in quite a different approach.

Very well put, and I agree. With D you have ESPNHD, DiscoveryHD, 2 HDNETs, HBOHD, & STHD. for a total of 6 channel all right together. Yes, I would like to have more channels, but that will do for now until more are available. As an old time D user, I went for the $99 upgrade. I know V has a good deal going now on the lease plan. But $99 compared to $819 can't be beat in my book. Having said all that if SD channels where the same (HGTV & DYI) and was the same picture quality on V as on D, (at least on my 55" screen V was horrible compared to D) I may have looked at it differently. Only thing matters is now there are more choices in providers, so in the long run we should all win considered theres mor competition now.

Updated the HD alert programming with Bravo-HD+ prime time programming. Thanks to rang1995 for providing the list of programs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)