ALI Editor for Traxis 3500

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scanlon

Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
I had a Pansat 330 for about 6-7 years and never used a satellite channel editor. My Traxis arrives this week. I believe it may have faily recent satellite and channel lists so I may not have to change much for a while. But for future reference, do I understand this correctly: I can download the channel list from the receiver to my PC, edit the channels the way I want and then upload the newly edited channels to replace the the "old" ones? What is the advantage of doing this instead of just adding and deleting channels straight from the receiver? I have the null modem. Are there any other things I should know about this process? I did read the info file that accompanies the most recently edited channel list from DMS. but there wasn't much real instructional material for the uninitiated.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ron

here's a link that several talked about the editor here

do I understand this correctly: I can download the channel list from the receiver to my PC, edit the channels the way I want and then upload the newly edited channels to replace the the "old" ones?

this is correct

Thanks, George. Does the bin file automatically know where to "go" or do I have to delete the previous bin file (I assume there is only one bin filet there)?
Ron

what i do is download my last from the receiver and save to mydocuments and call it the date i download. then when i edit it i rename the edited version to the same date + a letter like "a"
on some receivers you have to be careful when uploading & downloading
read the process (tab / dropdown))
upload STB > PC
download PC > STB

to me this seems exactly backwards so it would be easy to confuse
to download the channel list from the receiver to your PC you use "UPLOAD" and name the file.
to upload the channel list (bin file) back to the receiver you select "DOWNLOAD" and select your edited file.

once the process has started for either way "do not stop it"
the receiver will take the file you edited and overwrite and previous channel list and delete and extras. ( this is why i save the original)

i usually do this for all my receivers cause i blind scan a lot and i took out all the sats and trandponders i can't see to make extra TP scanning space and to prolong transponder overload.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)