Aligning my Dish to Atlanta channels... quick question

I won't have to use 61.5... will I? If so, I will need to cut down some trees.

Remember, 61.5 comes down to the dish at a much higher angle, meaning you could almost literally have a tree in front of the dish and still get 61.5, my 61.5 is right behind a tall bush and I get great signal quality.

I think he might be referring to Albany Georgia not Albany New York.

For Albany, GA and 129W, SB 51 is probably the one, although Albany does seem close to the edge.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/database/Subscription/images/CIEL2_SB51.jpg

It looks like Albany-Columbus-Tallahassee-Thomasville-Brunswick-Jacksonville are possibilities for that beam.

On 61.5 the SB would likely be the one that the Atlanta locals are on. I think it's SB 7 but I didn't look it up to verify.

There are always the ConUS HD locals on 77W.

Don't feel bad, I am well underneath the spotbeam and got the same message this morning. I wish Dish Network would setup something in their receivers to fall back on us with 61.5 Dishes as well so if 129 didn't work, then 61.5 would.

If you are in South Georgia, put up a 61.5 dish, the spotbeam that covers the southern states (for the most part) is pretty large. 61.5 has the Atlanta locals in HD and SD as well and the spotbeam should reach just to Florida, hope this helps.

if us south georgians put up this 61.5 dish do we lose anything in the process? I don't know enough about it to just find one and throw it up.

if us south georgians put up this 61.5 dish do we lose anything in the process? I don't know enough about it to just find one and throw it up.

No, everything that is on 61.5 is also on 129, except some locals are either on 61.5 or 129 and some is duplicated like Atlanta locals.

You would use 61.5 with your 110/119 setup.

Well I talked to a friend of mine that is an installer for dish and he said that there were some locals on 61.5 but didn't know for sure which ones. He did give light that Albany, GA would soon be up with a local HD package, although Albany would only be CBS, NBC and FOX. I guess I'll just wait it out rather than change anything up until I have a better option. I still have all other HD just no Local HD.