All America Direct and Eastern Arc

prt328

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Nomad
I set up an account with AAD and moved to a location that offered both East/West coast networks. Turns out it was in the the "eastern arc" and they had to cancel the account as I only get 119 and 129. I know others around here that get both coasts but the locations they moved to no longer qualify (can get west only). The AAD guy said there was a "law change" but I'm not sure what that means.

If someone has a location that is not in the EA and offers both coasts, I sure would apprectaite a PM. Also, if you have any suggestions on how to determine if where I move to is in the EA, that would be helpful also!

Mom is getting pretty upset she doesn't have locals and may miss Dancing with the Stars!

Eastern Arc for one can't get All american service, Since all those AAD channels are on the 110 and 119.
Eastern Arc customers use 61.5,72.5,and 77 orbital location.
If you happen to have an old setup like I currently have while living in the Eastern Us.
Which is a Dish 500 (110,119), with a 61.5 Wing dish then AAD is an option.
The New law is West cost customers can't not receive East coast feeds,because your not aloud to view a program from the East Before it plays in the west.
As far as an Address goes I could give you one in a PM, But I can't be sure you'll get all 4 networks.

Where will I receive my channels?

Standard definition Distant Network channels will be on channels 241 to 248 on your DISH Network system. HD (high-definition) Distant Network channels will be on channels 73 to 80 on your DISH Network system. Technical Programming Note: SD Channels are available on the 119 Degree Satellite. HD Channels are available on the 110 Degree Satellite. Most customers currently have access to both .
https://www.mydistantnetworks.com/faq.php

I thought eastern arc was only available if you were in a DMA that dish has locals on EA, so by definition anyone on EA would not qualify/need ADD.

I'm not sure I'll be able to pull off what I want to do. I basically only have 119 service which means I can only get SD programming. Friends who "moved" earlier get both East and West and AAD tells me they were grandfathered in and will be allowed to continue getting both. I moved to the same location and now they only offer West (due to this new "law"). The location I moved to showed both but AAD identified it as "Eastern Arc" and told me I could not get the service. I am currently homeless....

I have eastern arc and I had hd distants from AAD only off of 110 sat. I simply installed a side sat for 110 sat plugged into my eastern arc 1000.4 sat dish. IF all you wanted was sd distants simply point the side sat towards 119. I no longer have distants as they were way too expensive. In order to save money , I kept my Houston hd locals from DISH for 5.00 and I got Cw in hd too.

The New law is West cost customers can't not receive East coast feeds,because your not aloud to view a program from the East Before it plays in the west.

If this is true why is one my good friends who have Direct and living in Pacific Northwest, still able to, watch eastern stations?

M

I called AAD and asked the same question; I was told about the new "law" and was also told they were grandfathered in and would continue to get both. New subs can't...

I called AAD and asked the same question; I was told about the new "law" and was also told they were grandfathered in and would continue to get both. New subs can't...
Exactly, Thats why its called a NEW law.
If a customer has all the networks , they will continue to have them. As you stated already New Customers cannot get East coast channels living in the west.

Eastern Arc customers use 61.5,72.5,and 77 orbital location.
If you happen to have an old setup like I currently have while living in the Eastern Us.
Which is a Dish 500 (110,119), with a 61.5 Wing dish then AAD is an option.
The New law is West cost customers can't not receive East coast feeds

So if I put up another wing dish, I currently use 2 500's (1 for 110 and 119 and another for 129), and pick up 61.5 I can pull in AAD and the eastern feeds?

m

I appreciate all of the feedback but there is TOO much conflicting info! I have ONLY 119 available and can't put up another dish. If I move to say Georgia, that is clearly East Coast. IF I found somewhere to move in Georgia, and left my Dish address as California, would I then get BOTH coasts as I am in the proper time zone (i.e. I can't watch network feeds early because I am in that time zone). The question then comes up on this "Eastern Arc" thing; would it work at all or would they cancel me again?

So if I put up another wing dish, I currently use 2 500's (1 for 110 and 119 and another for 129), and pick up 61.5 I can pull in AAD and the eastern feeds?

m
NO! You already have everything you need for All American Direct service. You only need a Dish 500.

But Eastern Arc Customers don't Use Dish 500 setups. They use 1000.4 setups.
1000.4 Setups, Don't use the 110 and 119 orbital locations. In Which case if Eastern arc customers want all american Direct, they would need a Wing Dish pointed at the 110 or 119 depending on if they want HD or SD distant networks.

The Rules and laws are the only thing preventing west coast AAD subscribers from getting East coast feeds . It has nothing to do with equipment. You need a Phone number and address to get distant networks.
So its harder to "move" .

I have AAD and I live in Eastern PA. But I don't use an eastern arc Setup(1000.4) I use a Dish 500 with a wing Dish 500. Anyone in the east can use this if they choose. But it doesn't mean you'll quailify for Distant networks.
East Coast and Only East coast customers have an East and West option, If you quailify. Service address and phone number is how its determind.

I appreciate all of the feedback but there is TOO much conflicting info! I have ONLY 119 available and can't put up another dish. ?
You can put up as many dishes as you want , That has nothing to do with getting East Coast feeds.
SD East and West are on the same Transponder on the 119
HD Chicago and LA are on the same Transponder on the 110
So again satellites aren't keeping you from getting East and West. The LAW is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts