Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
It's got this in my inbox.

All American Direct has been purchased by a new company that will continue to offer standard definition distant network channels from New York & San Francisco to their qualified customers using existing DISH satellite equipment. HD Distant Locals from Los Angeles and Chicago will no longer be available from All American Direct. Customers who call in regarding this change should be directed to All American Direct’s toll free number: 800-909-9677.

In addition, be sure to network qualify the customer to check for availability of the HD Locals in their home market as they may have launched since the customer added the HD Distant Locals.

Please note: All American Direct may be referred to by customers as NPS (National Programming Service). NPS is one of America's premier C-Band programming providers.

Existing DISH customers must contact All American Direct themselves by visiting www.mydistantnetworks.com or by calling 1-800-909-9677 to find out if they qualify to receive distant networks from All American Direct.

Please continue to provide the All American Direct phone number and website to facilitate our customer's ability to contact All American Direct for services and information. Do NOT utilize this information to contact All American Direct on behalf of the customer; this information is to be utilized only by the customer. Please remember that only All American Direct can provide accurate information on their Distant Network Qualifications.

IMPORTANT! - Customers must have all of their Smart Card numbers before qualifying for distant networks on www.mydistantnetworks.com or calling 1-800-909-9677. If your customer does not have this information, please work with them and have them write the numbers down.

<<Please note: All American Direct may be referred to by customers as NPS (National Programming Service). NPS is one of America's premier C-Band programming providers.>>

Ummm,nope :cool:

I am beyond confused. I had to look and look again to be sure this wasn't an old thread. There has not been HD distants for a long time, why is that even mentioned? And Claude's reply is old news also, Dish has had the ability for sometime now, and we all know they only offer it for RV/Trucker and can't offer it to almost 100% of subscribers. Other than the company is sold and will continue to provide the service, what's all the rest of it??

Worse written email ever, but the source is All American Direct where everytime you call you get the same woman or guy.

I read that and I am more confused. I am assuming the new company is Distant Networks LLC. ? That's is the companies name that has been charging my debit card since the beginning of the year. When I first signed up i was charged by NPS, then AAD, and in 2012 Distant Networks LLC.

Also what happens to current AAD customers do we have to requalify for distant networks? If so I'll probably end up losing FOX as a distant.

It's not a big loss anyways since almost all of network programming is online via Hulu, Hulu+ and network websites. I've actually been looking to get rid of the channels(save $12/month) but my cousin has been holding me back because he wants to keep them.

Last edited:
Even though Dish began offering network affiliates in the USVI I still keep the NY Fox and ABC for sports.

Without the NY Fox would not of had any of the American League play off games or the World Series. We also often don't get the the second NFL game on Sundays.

<<Please note: All American Direct may be referred to by customers as NPS (National Programming Service). NPS is one of America's premier C-Band programming providers.>>

Ummm,nope :cool:
NPS.... those :censored: were the premiere C-band killers not sellers.... :rant:

Scott, is this an old Email or has the company actually changed hands again?

I read that and I am more confused. I am assuming the new company is Distant Networks LLC. ? That's is the companies name that has been charging my debit card since the beginning of the year. When I first signed up i was charged by NPS, then AAD, and in 2012 Distant Networks LLC.

Also what happens to current AAD customers do we have to requalify for distant networks? If so I'll probably end up losing FOX as a distant.

Correct, seems to be the same company now as my last billing, best as I can tell? I don't think current subscribers to All American have to get re qualified. I think that confusion is the poor choice of Existing Dish customers, it should say any Dish subscribers not currently getting Distants from All American should ........
Also when they did change hands no one had to re-qualify.

NPS was in bed with Charlie for a few years...

Soooo, was it good for you?
pt04.jpg

Website changed recently for some reason. I know that a "Sign In" option was available to view your account which appears no longer available.

I never saw an online account with AAD. Site changed quite sometime ago, however seems to be missing the drop down list to qualify online and get prices etc...

No Longer in business:

http://mydistantnetworks.com/

All American Direct will cease operations on February 25th 2014 at 11:59 pm. At that time our services will no longer be available. All customers with time remaining on their service will receive a prorated refund by check or credit card. For further information please refer to the FAQ tab on this page.

It may be that someone has simply misread this topic, but there is now a rumor going round that Satellite Guys is buying AAD?

Any substance to that, Scott G?

Cannot imagine why Dish would want them. And if that were to happen, I'd have expected a sale announcement, not a going out of business announcement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts