All Big Ten Teams announced

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

joedekock

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
West Michigan
2007 All-Big Ten Conference Football Team
As selected by CONFERENCE COACHES
(Players in ALL CAPS have 2008 eligibility)
FIRST TEAM OFFENSE SECOND TEAM
Chad Henne, Michigan Quarterback KELLEN LEWIS, Indiana
RASHARD MENDENHALL, Illinois Running Back Mike Hart, Michigan
CHRIS “BEANIE” WELLS, Ohio State Running Back JAVON RINGER, Michigan State
JAMES HARDY, Indiana Receiver DEVIN THOMAS, Michigan State
MARIO MANNINGHAM, Michigan Receiver Dorien Bryant, Purdue
A.Q. SHIPLEY, Penn State Center RYAN MCDONALD, Illinois
Martin O’Donnell, Illinois Guard RICH OHRNBERGER, Penn State
Adam Kraus, Michigan Guard KRAIG URBIK, Wisconsin
Jake Long, Michigan Tackle XAVIER FULTON, Illinois
Kirk Barton, Ohio State Tackle ALEX BOONE, Ohio State
TRAVIS BECKUM, Wisconsin Tight End Dustin Keller, Purdue
Taylor Mehlhaff, Wisconsin Kicker AUSTIN STARR, Indiana
FIRST TEAM DEFENSE SECOND TEAM
GREG MIDDLETON, Indiana Line TERRANCE TAYLOR, Michigan
MITCH KING, Iowa Line Jonal Saint-Dic, Michigan State
VERNON GHOLSTON, Ohio State Line Cliff Avril, Purdue
MAURICE EVANS, Penn State Line MATT SHAUGHNESSY, Wisconsin
J Leman, Illinois Linebacker Shawn Crable, Michigan
JAMES LAURINAITIS, Ohio State Linebacker MARCUS FREEMAN, Ohio State
Dan Connor, Penn State Linebacker SEAN LEE, Penn State
VONTAE DAVIS, Illinois Defensive Back Tracy Porter, Indiana
MALCOLM JENKINS, Ohio State Defensive Back Charles Godfrey, Iowa
JUSTIN KING, Penn State Defensive Back Jamar Adams, Michigan
JACK IKEGWUONU, Wisconsin Defensive Back Dominique Barber, Minnesota
JEREMY BOONE, Penn State Punter Ken DeBauche, Wisconsin
HONORABLE MENTION: ILLINOIS: WILL DAVIS, Kevin Mitchell, Chris Norwell, Jason Reda, ISIAH “JUICE”
WILLIAMS; INDIANA: John Sandberg; IOWA: RYAN DONAHUE, RAFAEL EUBANKS, Mike Humpal, Ken
Iwebema, Bryan Mattison, SETH OLSEN, Albert Young; MICHIGAN: JUSTIN BOREN, Brandent Englemon,
Morgan Trent; MICHIGAN STATE: Ervin Baldwin, Jehuu Caulcrick, Kellen Davis; MINNESOTA: JUSTIN KUCEK;
NORTHWESTERN: JOHN GILL, Adam Kadela, Trevor Rees, TYRELL SUTTON; OHIO STATE: TODD
BOECKMAN, KURT COLEMAN, BRIAN ROBISKIE, ANDERSON RUSSELL, A.J. TRAPASSO, DONALD
WASHINGTON; PENN STATE: GERALD CADOGAN, JOSH GAINES, ANTHONY SCIRROTTO; PURDUE:
ANTHONY HEYGOOD, CURTIS PAINTER, SEAN SESTER, Terrell Vinson; WISCONSIN: SHANE CARTER,
JONATHAN CASILLAS, Marcus Coleman, Tyler Donovan, Nick Hayden, Paul Hubbard.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: RASHARD MENDENHALL, Illinois
OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE YEAR: Jake Long, Michigan
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: JAMES LAURINAITIS, Ohio State
DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE YEAR: VERNON GHOLSTON, Ohio State
FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR: ARRELIOUS BENN, Illinois

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/msu/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2007All-BigTenTeams.pdf

How does Chad Henne make the first team??? I would have put Isiah "Juice" Williams from Illinois on the First Team for a Quarterback. He has been the most consistent, Injury free and has better stats than Henne.

How does Chad Henne make the first team??? I would have put Isiah "Juice" Williams from Illinois on the First Team for a Quarterback. He has been the most consistent, Injury free and has better stats than Henne.

Agreed. I've felt that Henne never reached the potential he showed during his freshman season. Michigan's stuck in the 20th century offense may have had a lot to do with this.

In a related matter, LSU gave Michigan permission to speak with Les Miles about the vacant coaching position.

Miles is staying at LSU.

At least thats what he said last night ......

Thats said, I think he will stay,
He is in the spot light of college football with a NC contender every year, why would he go anywhere, unless he wanted to move away from the bright lights.

Jimbo

Well Michigan's coach search certainly will get interesting now. Rumored candidates include Urban Meyer, Kelly, Tedford, and a few other names that escape my memory for now.

I agree that Juice was more injury free, but Henne had more TD passes, less INTs, higher yards per attempt, more passing yards and a higher QB rating. Yes, Juice was close to Henne in a lot of these categories, but Henne was hurt most of the season and didn't even play in 3 games. Juice really didn't pick it up until the last 3 games of the season, where he had 7 of his 13 TD passes. So, before the Minnesota game, he had 6 TD passes and 8 INTs.

If you take the whole season, Henne was way more consistent than Juice was. He really only came of age in his last 3 games. Wait until next year, he will only improve.

I agree that Juice was more injury free, but Henne had more TD passes, less INTs, higher yards per attempt, more passing yards and a higher QB rating. Yes, Juice was close to Henne in a lot of these categories, but Henne was hurt most of the season and didn't even play in 3 games. Juice really didn't pick it up until the last 3 games of the season, where he had 7 of his 13 TD passes. So, before the Minnesota game, he had 6 TD passes and 8 INTs.

If you take the whole season, Henne was way more consistent than Juice was. He really only came of age in his last 3 games. Wait until next year, he will only improve.

Juice had a lot more rushing yards and touch downs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts