All CBS PTAT shows being shown in the My Recordings screen.

skyviewmark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 29, 2006
Bay Minette, Al
I am having the same issue with my Hopper 2000.. All CBS shows ALL DAY long are showing up in the MY Recordings page. Just CBS. This just started a few days ago. And is not the result of anything I Did. Software is 428. I have two Hoppers but this is only happening on the one that has the Prime time turned on. Really strange. Having to delete Daytime News and soap operas and even late night shows along with shows during prime time that are not set to record to my recordings.. No clue why this is happening but I haven't changed anything so it had to come from the Hopper itself or a Dish software issue.. I am a Dish Retailer and I know my systems pretty good. So it is not operator caused..

Nov 27, 2012
United States
I have been having a similar problem with my Hopper for the last three days. Though the CBS programs that are set to record are fine, all programs on NBC & ABC are recording on their own, anything and everything, including news, sports and infomercials in the middle of the night. I do not have Prime-Time-Anytime set, nor have I ever used that feature. I thought that possibly things were erratic due to the time change, which usually happens with DISH scheduling, but so far it hasn't made any difference. Every day now I have had to spend 10 minutes or so to go through the schedule and skip almost every program. I had problems with shows that were not recording a month ago, and though it seemed like a software issue to me, DISH customer service had our Hopper replaced.

It seems to me that whenever DISH introduces a new feature on the Hopper, it screws up the reliability of the other features we have come to depend on. While I am all for introducing new features to stay on the cutting edge and increase DISH's advantage over it's competitors, there should be more beta testing among smaller (and willing) groups of participants to discover and correct these bugs before unleashing software updates on everyone. Or a way to rollback a software update to a previous version.

tallfence

SatelliteGuys Guru
Dec 1, 2010
New Hampshire
Yesterday I had some channels recording everything without setting timers. I went into Daily Schedule on the DVR screen, selected one of the shows that was recording and choose Edit Timer. That showed me the timer causing this was a Seek And Find timer I added a few weeks ago and edited earlier yesterday. It wasn't recording based on what I wanted sought and found but everything on two ESPN channels and another sports channel. I deleted the timer and that stopped the runaway recordings.

zzandrewst

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 2, 2008
South Carolina
Yesterday I had some channels recording everything without setting timers. I went into Daily Schedule on the DVR screen, selected one of the shows that was recording and choose Edit Timer. That showed me the timer causing this was a Seek And Find timer I added a few weeks ago and edited earlier yesterday. It wasn't recording based on what I wanted sought and found but everything on two ESPN channels and another sports channel. I deleted the timer and that stopped the runaway recordings.

Clicked edit timer on mine and they were all tied to How I Met Your Mother. Deleted this timer and the CBS shows are no longer scheduled to be all recorded. For what it is worth, I also had a seek and record timer set and deleted it as well just in case it was causing the problem. Glad this worked!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts