All Coyotes games blacked out? Why?

Albuquerque is NOT in the FSN Arizona area, you are in the FSN Rocky Mountain area, you will not get the programming you want because you are not in that RSN's area.

Multi sport does not give you the right to view professional sports on all RSN's, only on yours.

Multi sport gives you all the other programming on the RSN's but not the pro sports.

What is most likely happening here is that Dish did not pay the extra money that FS Arizona wanted to provide Coyotes games to residents of New Mexico. Therefore Coyotes games are blacked out in on FS Arizona on Dish in NM. But since you are still in the Coyotes home area, you can't watch their games on Center Ice, and the games on NBC SN may be blacked out as well.

Unfortunately Dish does this quite a bit. For example six MLB teams claim Las Vegas as a home area (Giants / A's / Dodgers / Angels / Padres / Dbacks) but Dish only pays the $$$ for two teams. The other four teams are blacked out on the RSNs and blacked out on MLB.tv. In my own situation Dish was not willing to pony up more $$ for the Big Ten Network when Rutgers and Maryland were added to the conference, so all Rutgers games are blacked out for me. (Not that I care, just sayin.)
BINGO!!

but there are areas where dish doesnt want to pay the extra fee for the "Extended area" of a RSN
Is that truly a bad thing? It's not their most advertised thing, so let them save money where they can. Wouldn't you think the channel owners should just charge per sub, and not for "extended viewing areas". That's almost trying to get paid for something they are already getting paid for. That said, let's settle the dispute before it begins. If you want sports, get DTV.. If you want some sports and a significantly lower bill, get dish. I choose the lower bill, my brother chooses the sports. Love how we all can get what we want.

but there are areas where dish doesnt want to pay the extra fee for the "Extended area" of a RSN

Is that truly a bad thing? It's not their most advertised thing, so let them save money where they can. Wouldn't you think the channel owners should just charge per sub, and not for "extended viewing areas". That's almost trying to get paid for something they are already getting paid for. That said, let's settle the dispute before it begins. If you want sports, get DTV.. If you want some sports and a significantly lower bill, get dish. I choose the lower bill, my brother chooses the sports. Love how we all can get what we want.

That could very well be the charge for extended viewing areas. Dish may be required by contract to carry FS Arizona throughout Arizona but New Mexico may be optional even though it's technically in market for some FS Arizona teams. If they added FS Arizona for everyone in New Mexico that would mean Dish suddenly has substantially more FS Arizona subscribers. Even if the per subscriber fee stays the exact same for customers in New Mexico Dish would be writing a bigger check to FS Arizona every month.

I was going to ask that. This may not be a DISH thing or only a DISH thing. This happens with MSG, certain games even where MSG is in the DMA are not shown everywhere.

Albuquerque is NOT in the FSN Arizona area, you are in the FSN Rocky Mountain area, you will not get the programming you want because you are not in that RSN's area.

Multi sport does not give you the right to view professional sports on all RSN's, only on yours.

Multi sport gives you all the other programming on the RSN's but not the pro sports.

I know that Multi-Sport doesn't get my the pro-sport games. But Center Ice is supposed to get me out of market games. Which Dish says the Coyotes are. But FSA/Coyotes say they aren't. I live in a blackhole for them. There is zero way for me to watch Coyotes games on Dish. I don't really find that okay.

I also wouldn't really take the link you're basing this off as gospel. It hasn't been called FSN Rocky Mountain in years. The maps on that site also tell me I shouldn't get Rockies games but I do, like I mentioned in a previous post.

I thought the difference between AT120 and 120+ was $10, no?
Does not matter if not a true RSN for that area. What is being asked here is that the extended coverage be bought, not the standard coverage. There is a difference there. But what the $13 is for, is the MSP, if outside the viewing area, which again, does not pay for the extended area if chosen to be blacked out by the channel owner. The whole complaint seems to be on Channel owners want more money, for the same product, that an area may be entitled to, but is not exactly local. I am not saying it is a bad thing for the channel owner to want that, after all, business is business, but I sure as hell wouldn't want a higher payment because of that. It all comes down to the mantra Charlie has been spouting for years(and Mike White now too), "Most channels, for the best value". Is the small market of ALB worth the higher fees, for EXTENDED coverage?

I know that Multi-Sport doesn't get my the pro-sport games. But Center Ice is supposed to get me out of market games. Which Dish says the Coyotes are. But FSA/Coyotes say they aren't. I live in a blackhole for them. There is zero way for me to watch Coyotes games on Dish. I don't really find that okay.

I also wouldn't really take the link you're basing this off as gospel. It hasn't been called FSN Rocky Mountain in years. The maps on that site also tell me I shouldn't get Rockies games but I do, like I mentioned in a previous post.
Got any friends in the Phoenix area, that you could use their DA account? I have let people watch games on mine, out of state.

Does not matter if not a true RSN for that area. What is being asked here is that the extended coverage be bought, not the standard coverage. There is a difference there. But what the $13 is for, is the MSP, if outside the viewing area, which again, does not pay for the extended area if chosen to be blacked out by the channel owner. The whole complaint seems to be on Channel owners want more money, for the same product, that an area may be entitled to, but is not exactly local. I am not saying it is a bad thing for the channel owner to want that, after all, business is business, but I sure as hell wouldn't want a higher payment because of that. It all comes down to the mantra Charlie has been spouting for years(and Mike White now too), "Most channels, for the best value". Is the small market of ALB worth the higher fees, for EXTENDED coverage?
And that's why DTV has the RSN fee in select areas. To allow carriage of additional or overpriced RSNs and extended areas and pass the costs on to the consumer.

Reactions: Tampa8 and ChadT41

The only problem is since the Coyotes do claim NM, fans in that state can't watch the Coyotes on Center Ice either. And to be honest, it can be difficult to find out about this kind of thing until after you've signed the contract with Dish or DirecTV. Some will say "you should have researched it" but as you can see just in this thread there is a lot of misinformation out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)