All-in-one/Multifunction recommendations?

That's what I had before I got the 6490. Too many paper jams but your office seems to like there's so maybe I just had a lemon. The flat bed scanner worked great though. Never tried it on FAX. They may have updated the software in it today but mine wouldn't do certain things via Lan connection. Had to use USB for bidirectional data connection like scanner.

Uh oh. I did not ask if they scanned. Hopefully the s/w has been updated and this is no longer a problem. Otherwise, I might need to send it back.

HP 6500 here running wireless on my 4 computer LAN with an MBR-1000 Cradlepoint Router. No complaints in 8 months. Windows 7 has drivers already available.

I would buy this printer again.;)

I thought I'd report my experience so far with the HP8500. I got the wireless version, not for the wireless feature, but for the touchscreen display. I have it wired in via RJ-45 and also have it plugged in to the phone line.

Installing the software is time consuming, but flawless. I've loaded it onto 3 machines now, W7 & Vista, and tested all, including a laptop which connects to my LAN wirelessly. Installing the s/w does not require the printer to be first connected via USB to a PC, as was the case with my Canon MX-850. This installed much more easily, and works with Vista, something the Canon sometimes refused to do. Vista & Mac drivers are on one CD, W7 drivers on another.

All functions work across the network just fine. Scanning across the LAN - no problem. Faxes can be sent as a printer selection or via feeding the sheets into the ADF or flatbed. Although I am pursuing a quality difference between the two. I think I had a setting wrong when I printed from Word.

One really nice feature:
I have an answering machine at home, set to answer after 2 rings. The HP8500 will listen to the answering machine as it picks up, listening for fax tones. If it hears them, it will accept the fax. I've tested this and it really works, and works well. I also have it set to answer after 6 rings, but that should never happen unless I turn off the answering machine.

I did not need great photo printing, but this thing is gorgeous! Prints are far, far better than from the HP2320 color laser at work. And it took fairly heavy high gloss stock, too. It is no speed demon, but it's fast enough, and appears fairly sturdy.

Thanks for the report. Glad they upgraded the software to handle scanning across the network. Now we'll all pray for your latest version of the HP8500 lasts a long time. :) No paper jams!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)