All Involved for Turbo HD equipment wise

Edhern

Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
In regards to my question, I only want one television, so I believe the ViP211 is the receiver. I live in Ft. Worth, which satellite dish and LNBF/s would be needed for my area with HD DMAs? I only want the Turbo HD package, will the 110 and 119 LNBFs be necessary? Any response will be greatly appreciated.

In regards to my question, I only want one television, so I believe the ViP211 is the receiver. I live in Ft. Worth, which satellite dish and LNBF/s would be needed for my area with HD DMAs? I only want the Turbo HD package, will the 110 and 119 LNBFs be necessary? Any response will be greatly appreciated.

Well if you are gonna want a DVR, you will need either a 612 for single room, or either a 622 or 722 for two rooms of service. The 622/722 can be used is in single mode and provide Picture in Picture feature.

If you don't want a dvr a 211 will serve you perfectly. I have one and it is a great receiver. 98% of my hd comes from 61.5, but I am in the east and not sure what bird you would get your HD off in Texas.

You will also need 129 for your locals in HD.

For DFW, Dish has a one-dish solution for either 61.5/72.5/77 (Dish 1000.4) or 110/119/129 (Dish 1000 or Dish 1000.2). Whatever dish you get will need to see more than one satellite, even for HD only.

So if I currently have a dish 500 servicing my dual-tuner SD DVR (don't recall the model number but it's about 3 years old) and I want to upgrade to the HD package (just bought a 73" Mitsubishi DLP), I will need to have my dish as well as my receiver replaced?

Also, as my service has been active for over 2 years, would I be able to get some consideration for a "free" upgrade to teh eqpt instead of having to purchase dish/receiver?

--------------
Doc