All timers deleted.

david13579

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
NY
Something weird happened to my DVR ( 625 receiver), when I went to check for the recoerding scheduled for today everything, absolutely all timer were gone even the recoding history which AFAIK cannot be deleted so it means some sort of error deleted them and also I'm sure no one else in here did it because I doubt they even know how to delete timers. Could HDD failure cause this?

Unplug the receiver from the AC power for 30 seconds and then plug it back in, and see if the timers come back...

I didn't use this reset method (I pressed the power button for a few secs) but reseted it and after it came back on they were still gone. I just gave up and made new timers. What consers me is that the receiver may be starting to fail because it has had some other problems in the past too (frozen during recorded videos' playback, reseting passwords by itself, and most recently forgetting satellite settings). The receiver itself says it is alright with a watchdog count of 1 ( which was 2 before, it is going down instead of up).

I just noticed a few more problems: first all but 3 of my movies on demand are gone ( not rented moves but the ones available), the receiver is for some reason now saying it can record 150hr of video and not 100 like it did for the past 2 years and last but not least it wouldn't download the programs guide after my last reset no matter what until i did a switch check.Also it now takes 1 or 2 secs longer to show my recorded videos than it did before. Should I call Dish and report a broken receiver ( all of this are symptoms I would a failed HDD would cause [ and add to that all the noise the receiver makes on top of all])?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts