Status
Please reply by conversation.

CharredPC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 21, 2005
Lakebay, WA
Hey folks, haven't been around for awhile... again :) But picked up something at the thrift store, as it was $2, and now I need pointers :D

It's a Star Trak 1000, originally designed for the defunct T5 Alphastar channels, I think. It's old, but it's DVB, not ancient analog/DCII like most older ones. Anyone know of a way to make this truly FTA? Currently it's being grumpy. I scoured google a bit and got a universal remote to work with it, but it complains that it wants an Master PIN unlock code. It also occassionally gives me a card error (there is none). Any certain bird I could point this at to get the firmware updated, or a way to bypass the PIN? It does seem to go through a startup sequence when plugged in where it scans whatever satellite line is hooked up... G10R didn't work :rolleyes:

TIA! :cool:

Try 0000 or 1111 for the Pin code. I have a Star Trak but it is analog so I won't be able to help there.

Wholeshoe

That receiver is for one set TP only, and it was still able to change the setting while Power TV still active at T5, now no more, without the data download from a satellite, nothing could change. Anyway the pin code # is 0000, if not, someone has changed the code and you may try 9999 instead.

I do found one still in the box brand new 1000 model receiver when last moving. Damn that was $399.00 the receiver when bought new.

I remember when they first came out. I paided like $50 for a dealer kit. Then they pushed me to buy the receiver for like $700. I did not do it.

sksatellite said:
That receiver is for one set TP only, and it was still able to change the setting while Power TV still active at T5, now no more, without the data download from a satellite, nothing could change. Anyway the pin code # is 0000, if not, someone has changed the code and you may try 9999 instead.

I do found one still in the box brand new 1000 model receiver when last moving. Damn that was $399.00 the receiver when bought new.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)