Alright. I just signed up last night and the already messed up.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I called Installs Inc. It seems everyone who has ordered online in the last few days is named Daryl. Installs Inc knew about it. "There is a glitch in Voom's ordering system." I asked to have my install to be done by a specific company in Detroit.
"Is Don-Lor's Electronics on your approved list?"
"Yes."
"Ok, I want them to do my work, and I want a 24" or 30" dish. I have two DVRs and am generally not home to adjust when rain fade would kill my recordings."
"Ok, Your tech has been switched, and the bigger dish request has been filed for approval. Since the ordering system is overloaded, wait at least an hour before calling Don-Lor's to schedule your appointment."

I consider that fair CSR service. I think Voom has been swamped with people who have found out that the current pricing specials are not going to continue. And yes, IMHO the current $9.95/month for hardware with no commitment was a "sales special" to entice people. I would have never expected it to last. That is why *I* ordered now. The Sony XBR960 that I want won't even be out for a few months.

Evidently I am Daryl too! :shocked When I called Voom they had all my info right though. I do kinda feel sorry for whoever this Daryl fellow is, having his good name sent out to hundreds of people lol. You would think this would be a pretty simple problem for their web designers to isolate and fix.

Kyrak

Your install e-mail had the wrong name? Well- mine musta had the wrong address because I never even got an email. So there! Maybe my real name is Daryl Lee, to tell the truth!

Cam's right on this wrong. Voom good, bashing Voom over nothing, well-go back to Rupert and Charlie. We HD lovin!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)