I signed up for Voom last night!

Nevin

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I just got my account set up last night. Now do I contact Installs, Inc. to get my local installer's info.? If so, what is their number, and who do I talk to? Thanks a ton. This forum has been a huge help! I can't wait to start Vooming. :D

Nevin

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!
You should receive an email from VOOM/Installs in a day or two. It will have all the info.

Actually, I signed up by phone, so they don't have my e-mail address. I guess I'll just give Voom a call later. Thanks.

Nevin said:
I just got my account set up last night. Now do I contact Installs, Inc. to get my local installer's info.? If so, what is their number, and who do I talk to? Thanks a ton. This forum has been a huge help! I can't wait to start Vooming. :D

Nevin
Contact Installs 1-888-443-2306 and get a job number along with your local installers phone number. I called my installer yesterday (Advent Wireless) and he had no record of my install or job number. I was to be installed 5/26 now it will be 6/10. Installs said that they are having problems with the info. received from VOOM via internet orders. The CSR from Installs also said for some reason many of the orders from VOOM have a customer hold on them. Mine had the hold but I did not request the job be held.

cpdretired,

Thanks for the information! I hope all goes well with my installation.

Nevin said:

Nevin
welcome home brother.

I just called Installs, Inc. and found out my installer is Adant Wireless. I left them a message to call me back to confirm my installation appt. As of now, my installation date is June 8th. The wheels are in motion... :D

Make sure when you talk to Adant you talk with Eddie. He's knowledgeable and very polite. There's some other woman there who doesn't know her *** well you get the point. ;)

Vreesar,

Eddie is the guy that's supposed to be calling me back actually. The first guy on the phone asked what city and state I was in and then took a message for Eddie. Do you have experience with him or Advent? Is there someone in particular I should ask to perform my installation? Thanks!

Dont expect much from Installs Inc

Sadly, don’t expect an e-mail from Installs Inc. that will be of any help to you. The only information correct on my e-mail from them was my e-mail address... the content including day time and type of install was meant for someone in Chicago named Daryl Lee. I learned that the e-mail was recieved by over 100 people waitiing installations.
When calling Installs Inc., the best they were able, since policy dictates that they can not give out any installers information, was to leave a message for me with the installer, who would call me back if he felt like it. I’m just lucky the guy called back within an hour to confirm the right information. He also said that they don’t receive the actual work order till the day before the actual install, that before that all they get is the install date.

My install isn't untill the 3rd. However I've been talking with Eddie to make sure everything is set up and will be ready. Once I've gotten through the install I'll let you know.

Nevin said:
I just called Installs, Inc. and found out my installer is Adant Wireless. I left them a message to call me back to confirm my installation appt. As of now, my installation date is June 8th. The wheels are in motion... :D
Sounds like your from the Chicago Land area. Adant Wirless is located in the flooded city of Gurnee. Eddie was a great help to me. FYI Adant installers work from their home. Eddie said that the only reason they go to Gurnee is for supplies.

After talking with Eddie, he confirmed that my installation date is set for June 8th. Installation could be expensive, though. I think they might have to use the pole mount and do some cable fishing. Also, the nearest phone jack is in the kitchen. Will I need a wireless phone jack? He made it seem as though the line is a necessity. However, I don't plan on ordering PPV or letting others hack my signal. I think as long as you only have one STB, as I do, the phone line requirement should be optional. Voom, however, may see it another way.

Actually, I'm located about 2 hours west of Chicago. I can't believe Adant is the closest installer. Also, I really hope my installation goes smoothly because another house call could take a while since they're so far away.

cpdretired said:
Contact Installs 1-888-443-2306 and get a job number along with your local installers phone number.
How long should you wait to contact them? I just scheduled my install yesterday for 6/21.

scottie_h,

I called Installs, Inc. the day after I signed up for Voom. So, you should be safe by calling them today.

smooth so far

I signed up online Friday. Received an installation time without a problem. Received an email confirming my online account and then later another confirming my account. I verified the installation info yesterday over the phone with Voom and with Install Inc today. I have the local installer info and everything seems to be flowing pretty smooth. Installation is next Wednesday. Would have preferred to just do it myself, but can live it this way. I'll have the install mostly done before he gets here. Looking forward to the additional HD programming.

A question about my install...

We currently have a large rooftop antenna that, although quite old, still works well. Would the installer be able to use the existing coax and a diplexor? This might save me from paying to have another line fished through the house for the dish. Or, is this not how it works? I'm not very familiar with satellite systems. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts