Always funny

Status
Please reply by conversation.

n4bbq

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
Dahlonega, Ga
One of the first things I do when I load up this site in the morning is take a look at the new posts, then the second thing I do is take a look to see what threads have that little lock on it meaning it has been closed.

Then I read that one first just so I can get a laugh at some poor slob that can't read and has tried to start a hack thread when in fact, the first thing they should see on the FTA forum is that there is "NO HACK TALK".

It would be nice to have a plug-in to the site that ran in the background and when certain words were typed in, the site banned them on the fly and forwarded their browser to Dish Network or DirectTV's web site. That would be a hoot.

I rarely read the locked threads but since you posted this I scanned through a few. I can't believe people don't read. "NO HACK TALK" clear as day. If they found the FTA section then they must have read a little so they obviously don't care or are just stupid.

I also love reading through the locked threads... sort of a twisted sense of humor I guess. Would it be wrong to say I'm disappointed when I read that a thread is locked simply because it's a duplicate... :p

Those folks deserve to have their info (IP address & email address) forwarded to Dish Network. If they're too stupid or careless to see the MANY blatant indicators that this is the wrong site, then those aforementioned addresses are a little more likely to be real, in my opinion.

We almost need them to type "I will not ask about or post information about hacking" into a text box when they register.

There's three "no hack talk" warnings and some people are just that STUPID to post hack questions...

I really like Pete's picture he made :)

I was back-reading the forums a little while back and it seemed about once a page was a hack talk thread closed. It was funny to read how many different ways the mods have come up with to say NO HACK TALK!

I'm also guilty of being dissapointed in the locked dupes - hehe.

I'm still cracking up from the other day when PSB posted "NO HACK TALK" on Iceberg's forehead. :clap

No sh*t...just goes well with the.... how can I say it nicely....Happy/feel good look on his face. Right on PSB... Hey Ice, I have heard that people have sold some of there skin for advertising space, maybe you should hit up DISH or DTV and spread the words "No hack Talk" LOL....

nah.

I just enjoy doing that here :)

(oh, by the way....I have a classic PM sitting in my bin. Some joker sent me a PM asking how to hack...might share it :D

Here are some snippets of it (not all of it because there are some personal stuff on there)...my commentary added :D
Been reading your posts, along with others for the last month or so, you guys have had some good answers to help me, but now i'm stuck.
so you've read lots of my posts, yet you ask me how to hack? Don't get it, do ya?

Equipment:

Using a dish500 twin with two outputs, each carry 110 & 119. 20 inch dishnet dish, currently one cable to one receiver, no external switches. Coolsat pro with nigra2 firmware.
never heard of nigra2...oh wait, thats the hacker way of saying Nagra2 :D

Another problem, can’t figure out why after loading the new firmware (stb files) I’m showing 119.0E or 110.0E instead of “west” when I display the sats, or menu when selecting a channel? Not sure if this affects anything.

You guys seem to come thru on some wild issues, I could really use your help, just exhausted.

I really wonder why people see the three "no hack talk" warnings, and send me a PM thinking I will help. I dispise hacking. I pay for my Dish Network subscription and so should anyone else.

(most of the deleted stuff is just their location and the fact they can't get 119 channels)

it would be kinda cool if this forum were running a java applet that would scan for certain keywords ie: nigravision, etc., within posts. When these keywords are detected in a post a window would pop up (with a LOUD audible siren being played) and flash NO HACK TALK, THEFT OF SERVICE NOT TOLERATED on the offenders monitor. I know, its a silly idea, but funny also................

now that would be funny....but remember, they use different names for stuff like

Nigra2
d*********k

thinks like that....I guess the 3 warnings aren't enough. :)

Not defending hacking, and I don't wish to be flamed. However if you enter the boards via a search, such as "New Post - Mpeg2", etc. There are no warning stickies at the top.

Just an observation for the mods. Perhaps a warning above the view level (just below the ads) would help?

if you are a pub member there are no ads

point is when you register, there is a warning. When you are on the main page with the forums, the FTA area says this
"Discussion of MPEG2 / Free to Air (FTA) Satellite Equipment and reception! (Note - NO HACK TALK ALLOWED)"

and I have a thread that clearly says "no hack talk". I had one with over 10000 views, but people didnt get it, so I made a bigger one. :)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=72173

I'm with you Ice, you have to be on a totally different website not to see it. :D

Iceberg said:
point is when you register, there is a warning. When you are on the main page with the forums, the FTA area says this
"Discussion of MPEG2 / Free to Air (FTA) Satellite Equipment and reception! (Note - NO HACK TALK ALLOWED)"

What is also funny is after these goons get rebuked here, they'll run off to a hack site (where they still won't read), and then the hackers will jump them again.

It's an endless cycle for the stupid... :down:

Maybe you should set up a forum link with the title "Hacker's Corner" or something like that...then when the moron clicked on the link it took them to a dishnet or directtv page about the penalties for hacking....

I guess you'd still get morons pm'ing you.."I tried your hacker's corner but the link is broken...it takes me to some satellite provider's web page about jail time or something...."

beaverdown said:
Maybe you should set up a forum link with the title "Hacker's Corner" or something like that...then when the moron clicked on the link it took them to a dishnet or directtv page about the penalties for hacking....

I guess you'd still get morons pm'ing you.."I tried your hacker's corner but the link is broken...it takes me to some satellite provider's web page about jail time or something...."

we did thast once...we had a "get your keys here" (I guess thats some hacker talk) and there was a picture of car keys :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)