Am/fm Reception

Slick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 9, 2004
Hello all I just purchased a Onkyo TXSR605 for my home theater that is in my basement and I am having trouble getting any AM/FM channels, what should I do to increase my reception of radio channels.. This is what I first did
Terk Tower Amplified indoor AM/FM antenna at Crutchfield.com
and it did not work very well what do you do to fix this problem.. I really want to get my AM/FM radio channels..Cya Slick

Terk is not good.

If at all possible, get the antennas out of the basement. You can use an outdoor FM or VHF antenna for the best reception. Any VHF antenna can get FM. Just run RG59 or RG6 to wherever you want an antenna. Even rabbit ears are better than the little piece of wire that most receivers come with nowadays.

AM is a different story. It's prone to a lot of interference. You can extend the wire of the loop antenna, but make sure it is away from any source of interference (power lines, TV's, etc.). Sometimes extending it over shielded cat 5 helps. Attach the two leads of the antenna to two conductors (of the same pair), and ground the shielding through a capacitor.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)