Am I going to be able to get direcTV? (Pics)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

computerpro3

Original poster
May 12, 2009
Cincinnati
Well, I have the installer coming to set up my high definition package on friday for my home theater. I'm extremely worried about it though, as I can't see how they are possibly going to be able to install the dish.

I am the bottom floor unit on the right. It's a big apartment, but the other half of it is facing the totally wrong direction. The back is my only shot. Apartment rules say no dishes on the roof, but they CAN be drilled into the brick.

The dish would have to be aiming to the left and upwards in the picture - shooting over those big trees in the second to last pic.

Here are the pictures:

f_img198m_42e633f.jpg

f_img199m_511f8a3.jpg

Here's the building adjacent to me so you can get a feeling for line of sight:

f_img200m_0adc6fa.jpg

Stupid trees:

f_img201m_b1f16c4.jpg

f_img204m_9808f6b.jpg

This isn't going to work, is it :(

Assuming the pictures were taken at about the same time, it looks like your unit faces north. If so, then you might be sol. Can you use a pole mount around the corner, or perhaps will one of your neighbors let you tap into their dish, or will the landlord let you mount the dish on the south side even if you are on the north?

Use dishpointer.com. This will show you a Google view with the line of site shown. You may even be able to see your side of the apartment house with the trees.

Use dishpointer.com. This will show you a Google view with the line of site shown. You may even be able to see your side of the apartment house with the trees.

Cool site...never seen that one before! Thanks for sharing. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts