Am I in the spotbeam for Mankato, MN?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Well, since I just "moved" back to Durand, WI, I won't do this soon, but it's something I'm thinking about sometime. Anyways, I live in Rochester, MN, and I am wondering if I would be able to get Mankato, MN in my location. I want this because I would get two markets, the Twin Cities, and Mankato. BTW, are there any other markets which carry the Twin Cities and another market besides Mankato and where I am now?

You should have no problem with either provider. You are definitely in the spotbeam as they are huge for the Minnesota area. As for other markets, you maybe able to get Duluth and MSP and per the previous poster, wait until Iceberg chimes in. He is the expert for this area on the topic.

Unfortunately the satmaps link doesn't include the spot beams you are asking about.

It would be nice to know which provider you have but Rochester and Mankato are most likely on the same spot as MSP which is a large DMA. The only one that maybe trouble is Fargo, ND which serves areas of NW Minnesota. If I remember the spotbeam for Dish does not make it down to the Twin Cities, but maybe that has changed and I don't know about DirecTV. Besides, Fargo is boring so I would try to get an address for both Duluth and MSP or LaCrosse-Eau Claire and MSP or just stick with your plan for MSP & Mankato in Rochester, the beams are not that tight for that little distance. Iceberg may have floated away for the time being, so I would go ahead and make the "move". It's not easy to find an area to get the main DMA and SV stations as well.

I might "move" to Duluth instead, given that it's a bigger market. But I noticed that Duluth itself only has its own market. Anybody got any zip codes? Plus, are you sure that I'm in the spotbeam for this market? It seems like it's a little ways from me.

I might "move" to Duluth instead, given that it's a bigger market. But I noticed that Duluth itself only has its own market. Anybody got any zip codes? Plus, are you sure that I'm in the spotbeam for this market? It seems like it's a little ways from me.
Zip code for Duluth ?
Heres one:

Zip code for Duluth ?
Heres one:
Not Duluth itself. I'm talking about a zip code that would give me Duluth and the Twin Cities. I don't want to give up the Twin Cities market. Anyways, I also want to make absolutely sure I'm in the spotbeam as well.

Looked at the channel line-up for Duluth. Looks like if I "moved" I'd lose my distant CW East WDCW. I don't want to lose that either. I like having a distant with my service address at Durand, WI. Does Mankato have any distants? Why don't you give me a zip code that would give me Duluth and Minneapolis anyways. I already see that Mankato itself has both its market and Mpls. BTW, does Mankato have any distants?

Jesus H Christ dude just stay in one god damn spot. I cant believe D* hasnt shut your ass off yet for continually "moving" (yes its the pain medicine I am on as I fractured my wrist) but damn. Why ask a question and respond a couple hours later with "anyone"? If someone had an answer THEY WOULD GIVE IT TO YOU

Now....simple answers
Mankato proper gives you KEYC (CBS), KEYC-DT2 (FOX) and ABC & NBC from Mpls. Thats it. Mankato is its own market. PBS and CW are the national feeds (in glorious SD)
North Mankato gives you Mpls (Niccollet county is the Mpls DMA) + KEYC ONLY (not Fox subchannel) as a Sig Viewed (due to KEYC studios being in North Mankato)

There is NO spot that gives you Duluth & Minneapolis. simple as that
Duluth spotbeam for HD may not reach Roch. SD should but you aint getting anything extra with Duluth. Big 4 & PBS in HD + CW (which is in SD)

And its not distants, its significant viewed and Directv does it in VERY EXTREME cases. Manjato reason given

Got it Iceberg. No need to be rude. I like you most of the time. Remember they did say I could get Duluth and the Twin Cities, so your response like you did was not needed. But I haven't "moved" in quite a while. And I did say that I wouldn't "move" for probably a few weeks, because I just had a tech out here. Got it?

I might just stay put anyways, Iceberg. But understand that I haven't "moved" since October of last year, with the exception of my recent service call.

Got it Iceberg. No need to be rude.
I guess you didnt see the part where I put "(yes its the pain medicine I am on as I fractured my wrist)" but it most of my post still stands true (especially sentence 3 & 4)

Remember they did say I could get Duluth and the Twin Cities, so your response like you did was not needed.
who said that? Nobody at Direwctv would have. There is no area that gives you both. Believe me as someone who was in the cities and use to (and now do again) live in Duluth if there was a spot that gave me both I would have done it. On the D* site type in "neighboring locals" and they show a list of all DMA's and you select one. It tells you IF there are any neighboring locals
Duluth shows NONE
Mpls shows KEYC in 56001 & 56003 Nicollet County zips ONLY (or maybe its 56002 I forget)
Again the only reason N Mankato gets KEYC extra (the county is in the Mpls DMA) is because the studio is in North Mankato (1570 Lookout Drive...been to the studio a few times)

But again why continue to "move"? All youre gonna do is get caught and they'll flag your account. People who "move" find a spot and STAY THERE

As I stated before, I "moved" a couple times before October of last year. The one to Texas, which somebody here suggested, almost got me flagged. But that was way back in October last year, and like I said, I decided to be happy with the locals I'm getting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts