Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rixta

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
NYC
Hi all,
2 questions here...I currently have a whole-home HD DVR in my main room and a second HD receiver in another room - my Slingbox is connected to my second HD receiver (I don't want it connected to my HD DVR).

DTV are calling me offering a free upgrade to the Genie boxes, so my first question is whether this install would be one 'main' HD DVR Genie receiver and then a Genie mini, or will it be 2 'main' receivers?

Second question....whichever is installed in my 2nd room ('main' receiver or a mini), do they both have ports to connect my Slingbox, or are there any other gotcha's with Genie and a Slingbox?

Many thanks,
Rick

Take the Genie and have them turn off (send back) the regular HD receiver, placing the Genie at the main TV.

Move the HD-DVR to the secondary TV, it is faster, gives additional recording tuners/capacity, lets you watch existing recordings, and is a great backup in the event the Genie ever fails.

All pros, no cons really to keeping the HD-DVR in your situation.

As mentioned above, keep the HR DVR as the secondary box.

They want to get you into the Genie, thats a good move, they would like you to also use the Genie Client(s), your not obligated to take them to have the Genie.
Tell them you want the Genie but are keeping the HR DVR instead of the clients.

Btw, what HD DVR is it you currently have ?

As mentioned above, keep the HR DVR as the secondary box.

They want to get you into the Genie, thats a good move, they would like you to also use the Genie Client(s), your not obligated to take them to have the Genie.
Tell them you want the Genie but are keeping the HR DVR instead of the clients.

Btw, what HD DVR is it you currently have ?

Many thanks!

I currently have the HR22.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts