Am I shallow because I love D* HD so much?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ScrawlHD

Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
OK, OK automated ‘please introduce yourself’ message, here’s my first post! Sheesh, are you happy now?!

Old school D* customer. Remember installing a series 1 RCA unit in the early 90’s at father-in-law’s cabin (remember USSB anyone? Pour a 40 for Stan Hubbard.) Quickly became a customer myself because my hatred for cable burns like a blue hot sun. Succession of self installs after that, including a relocation of a dish to a rooftop after a numb nut installer put a neighbor’s dish right in my dish’s line of sight.

Was happy with my standard def, but recently moved and decided it was time to step into HD. A trip to Costco later and I had in my possession a receipt that made my upper lip sweat as well as 47 inches of LCD HD Sony goodness. Now for the programming.

After having worked in customer service for many years I knew something was up when I called D*. CSRs were all trying to be helpful, but D* is either becoming much too popular or their computer system sucks worse than the one I used to work with. I tried several times to explain that what I wanted was to keep my TiVo DVR and add an HD DVR to the mix. What resulted was three service calls: one to the wrong address, another to my address and the last to my address but two days after the install had successfully been completed. I did luck out on this installer roulette, the guy knew his business, worked hard and had me up and running in an afternoon. Also got D* to give me the new HD DVR for free after asking them why new customers get all the nifty multi room free stuff and we loyal decade long customers generally get squat.

Anyway, am now enjoying all the new D* HD channels as they appear, great local OTA stuff too. Am I shallow because watching a football or House in HD is now one of the greatest joys in my life? Ok, God, family then HD (although occasionally HD goes to second if the kids are cranky).

A toast to all you early adopters who have had to wait so long for your D* HD. I don’t know how you were able to be so patient, I was getting antsy and I only had a two month delay. Great site, lots of great info and help. Thanks.

I sometime wonder why my dreams can't be in HD! I had to watch Life is Wild last night on my local CW, which is not in HD. My locals are FOX, NBC, CBS, and ABC. I wanted to hurl, watching beautiful Africa in SD! UGH!

OK, OK automated ‘please introduce yourself’ message, here’s my first post! Sheesh, are you happy now?!

Old school D* customer. Remember installing a series 1 RCA unit in the early 90’s at father-in-law’s cabin (remember USSB anyone? Pour a 40 for Stan Hubbard.) Quickly became a customer myself because my hatred for cable burns like a blue hot sun. Succession of self installs after that, including a relocation of a dish to a rooftop after a numb nut installer put a neighbor’s dish right in my dish’s line of sight.

Was happy with my standard def, but recently moved and decided it was time to step into HD. A trip to Costco later and I had in my possession a receipt that made my upper lip sweat as well as 47 inches of LCD HD Sony goodness. Now for the programming.

After having worked in customer service for many years I knew something was up when I called D*. CSRs were all trying to be helpful, but D* is either becoming much too popular or their computer system sucks worse than the one I used to work with. I tried several times to explain that what I wanted was to keep my TiVo DVR and add an HD DVR to the mix. What resulted was three service calls: one to the wrong address, another to my address and the last to my address but two days after the install had successfully been completed. I did luck out on this installer roulette, the guy knew his business, worked hard and had me up and running in an afternoon. Also got D* to give me the new HD DVR for free after asking them why new customers get all the nifty multi room free stuff and we loyal decade long customers generally get squat.

Anyway, am now enjoying all the new D* HD channels as they appear, great local OTA stuff too. Am I shallow because watching a football or House in HD is now one of the greatest joys in my life? Ok, God, family then HD (although occasionally HD goes to second if the kids are cranky).

A toast to all you early adopters who have had to wait so long for your D* HD. I don’t know how you were able to be so patient, I was getting antsy and I only had a two month delay. Great site, lots of great info and help. Thanks.

:welcome to the site, look around , stay if you like it :)

I remember USSB and my 1st generation RCA., I also have 2 and 4th gen's and a Sony HD and then the D* branded ones came along , just retired my last H10 ....
Went from a C-Band to a single LNB to triple LNB to five LNB !!!!!

Jimbo

To answer your original question, yes you are being shallow, but fear not, you are in good company! Do you think the rest of us hang out here because we are any better? :D:D:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)