AM...or is it PM??

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are posts that you have not read. Just screwed up because of the time issue.

Yup the last post of a thread may be a post which was posted earlier today. But because of the time error it things it was posted after the last real post.

Annoying but I see its getting back to normal for most threads.

gdarwin said:
There are posts that you have not read. Just screwed up because of the time issue.
No not really. I know and hear what you're saying, but knowing this and backing up to insure I haven't missed anything and when finishing the forum by clicking on next thread and getting "no more unread or whatever". Then, I have clicked on the FTA forum and saw the "FLAG" waving and went back and find nothing new.

But, now the "FLAG" waving has stopped, so I guess something Scott has done has at least fixed that. That was annoying, I guess everything will be back to normal at 8:4x p.m. or in that neighborhood.

Al

Sorry. If I'd read this thread earlier, I'd have understood why my posts were so screwed up in the "My great idea" thread.

I've been over there trying to clarify my posts & replys and who they were to but it was like trying to get a wet noodle up a wild cat's butt, so I finally gave up.:D

Wow how confusing this is :eek: . I notice the threads are starting to catch up but there is still a 1 hour difference, is it just me????

Scott Greczkowski said:
I need to figure out how the system time runs.

Looking at the database the date/time code for 8:06am Eastern Time is 1160484424

If I change it to 1160485800 I get 9:10am

I would like it to be 7:30am and of you math guys know what code time code I would put in? :)

Looks like standard UNIX epoch time, which is the # of seconds since Jan 1st, 1970 in UTC/GMT.

If you want to go back from 8:06am -> 7:30am (a diff of 36 minutes), just subtract 36*60 = 2160.

Scott: How are you syncing the time? ntpdate via cron, or are you actually running ntpd? If you're using ntpd and are using the recommended settings (syncing against 3-5 servers), ntpd should have caught the rough time server and ignored it.

Cpanel is syncing the time. The only server listed in the config for time sync was time.nist.gov. I have changed that now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Store! Features

Arcade Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)