AM21 ? about 2/17 DTV conversion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tsduke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Iowa
All the stations in my market are going forward with a 2/17 shut off of analog. A couple stations are switching from UHF to VHF. Since the AM21 doesn't scan for channels how will it get the changes on 2/17?

All the stations in my market are going forward with a 2/17 shut off of analog. A couple stations are switching from UHF to VHF. Since the AM21 doesn't scan for channels how will it get the changes on 2/17?

You will have to wait until Directv adds them to their database for your area. I would hope that this would be really quick but I guess you just never know.

It does scan. You have to go to Menu-Setup-Satellite-Antennas and do a scan there.

The receivers do not scan for channels. They pull the local channel information from Directv. This has always been one of the complaints about the newer Directv boxes.

The receivers do not scan for channels. They pull the local channel information from Directv. This has always been one of the complaints about the newer Directv boxes.

Thanks, I thought that was how it worked. Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that they may change to scanning? Or am I crazy?

Many stations may stay with their original plan to move on 2/17/09 or around that date. It is up to the station as long as it is BY 6/12.

DirecTV will have to change it on their end, which they get from Tribune, so hopefully all the pieces will flow together over the next 4 months, but I'm sure there will be some that are missed.

If yours move and the DirecTV HR2x still doesn't have the right station number, post it so we can escalate it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts