AM21 audio dropouts with HR34

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah, it's WNPB translator W30CO, virtual channels 24-1 and 24-2, 4.5 kW ERP. The Guide presents these correctly as channels 24-1 and 24-2. Zap2it has the appropriate guide information, and they're Tribune Media. Doesn't Tribune Media provide the data for DirecTV?

they do but the issue is Directv doesnt have the station loaded in their database. What I posted above is the only stations D* has in their database for Wheeling OTA.

Here in Minneapolis we are missing guide data on 4 stations
MeTV
ThisTV
Country Network
BounceTV

I'm not sure if this is still an issue on the HR34 or not, but I was away from DirecTV for a few months and then returned and got an upgrade to the HR44, and the AM21N seems to work perfectly. I haven't had any audio dropouts on my set of "problem channels" that couldn't play for more than 20 or 30 minutes on the HR34 without losing audio.

Same configuration - HR44 connected to an older Onkyo receiver via HDMI, and the receiver connected to the older (~2009) Samsung LED DLP via HDMI.

Both my HR24's still drop audio at random. It's enough to bug me but not enough for me to dig deep in to it ;)

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

This issue here is the audio drops start small but get worse over time (usually 20 minutes to an hour), after which there's no audio at all and you have to flip the channel.

Is that what you see on the 24 also?

Nope, mine will just drop out few maybe half a second then pop right back on. I first thought it was the receiver but I swapped it with the one in the bedroom and it did the same. I believe it's something with my yamaha A/V receiver. Everything in my entertainment center runs through it. But only the HR24 has the issue.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Congratulations to me:

1. The HR34 died, and I now have the HR44-200. Had to have the hard-wired option for the internet access, as it wouldn't work wirelessly. Technician said that was a known problem.
2. I now have the correct guide information for the local PBS programming. I entered my secondary zip code as another location that (a) had the same PBS programming and virtual channel numbers with as the repeater in my neighborhood and (b) had guide information in the database.

Hooray.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts