AM21 available via DirecTV web site

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't know what your talking about, I paid the fifty bucks plus tax, that was it and it works great...

Matt,
What type of inputs and outputs are on the box ?
Is this set up to connect to D* only, just wondering if it may have other applications after (I think the next gen. rec.'s will have the OTA on the boxes again.) D*.
Such as , will it work straight into a analog TV, such as the Digital Converter Boxes that people are buying for the 2009 switch over ?

Is it D* prioritized I guess is what I am wondering ?

Jmbo

The AM21 works only in conjunction with a HR21. There is an F connector for the OTA input. The only output is USB to the HR21. You remove the power cord from the HR21 and plug it into the AM21. A cord attached to the AM21 then powers the HR21. The HR21 has analog outputs (composite and S-Video) which will work with an analog TV. OTA channels are integrated into the HR21 guide. Functionally, it works just like the HR20 with built-in OTA.

The AM21 works only in conjunction with a HR21. There is an F connector for the OTA input. The only output is USB to the HR21. You remove the power cord from the HR21 and plug it into the AM21. A cord attached to the AM21 then powers the HR21. The HR21 has analog outputs (composite and S-Video) which will work with an analog TV. OTA channels are integrated into the HR21 guide. Functionally, it works just like the HR20 with built-in OTA.
You left off one analog output (component video).

ETA: Didn't realize you were responding to the post above. Never mind, Component is usually not an option for an analog TV.

Thanks Bob,
Thats what I figured, but seeing I haven't had a reason to use one, I thought I'd ask.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)