AM21 dropped reception that was set to record

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Aliens

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 8, 2009
Virginia
I did a manual record from my NBC affiliate for the U.S. Open yesterday, and when I went to watch it last night there was no recording. The guide displayed the station (29-1) and programs, but I had a blank screen. I checked and was receiving all local stations, even the 29-1 sub-channel, 29-2, but nothing on 29-1. To troubleshoot, I plugged my OTA directly into my TV and received 29-1. I rescanned my AM21 and then received 29-1. This is the third golf tournament since April that this exact same thing has happened. Yesterday, I set the timer to start recording at 5:30 and to stop at 8. Later, I decided to pad the recording and changed the stop time to 8:30. At that time, 5:10, I was still receiving the station. Apparently, if you extend the program into upcoming shows, it freaks out and completely drops the reception. I guess my only manual workaround in the future is to set the stop time in accordance with what the guide is showing, and just set the DVR to record the shows that are scheduled to follow until I feel the tournament should be over. Needless to say, when I went to watch this last night I was more than upset. :mad: :mad: Any idea as to what is going on? Thanks.

I seem to remember seeing the reason for not recording was an error 3, but I’m not 100% sure. I searched and could find nothing on an error 3.

Last edited:
I did a manual record from my NBC affiliate for the U.S. Open yesterday, and when I went to watch it last night there was no recording. The guide displayed the station (29-1) and programs, but I had a blank screen. I checked and was receiving all local stations, even the 29-1 sub-channel, 29-2, but nothing on 29-1. To troubleshoot, I plugged my OTA directly into my TV and received 29-1. I rescanned my AM21 and then received 29-1. This is the third golf tournament since April that this exact same thing has happened. Yesterday, I set the timer to start recording at 5:30 and to stop at 8. Later, I decided to pad the recording and changed the stop time to 8:30. At that time, 5:10, I was still receiving the station. Apparently, if you extend the program into upcoming shows, it freaks out and completely drops the reception. I guess my only manual workaround in the future is to set the stop time in accordance with what the guide is showing, and just set the DVR to record the shows that are scheduled to follow until I feel the tournament should be over. Needless to say, when I went to watch this last night I was more than upset. :mad: :mad: Any idea as to what is going on? Thanks.

I seem to remember seeing the reason for not recording was an error 3, but I’m not 100% sure. I searched and could find nothing on an error 3.

I think thats a DVR issue, not a AM 21 issue, unless you have NO signal on the screen during the recorded time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)