AM21 + Genie Stutter on Video

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Bought a used AM21 recently, I can tune to say CBS, and it is fine a few minutes but can then get herky jerky in spots, while audio is fine. Tune to NBC next, it will be fine, then the herky jerk shows up.

Havent watched anything recorded off it yet, just curious if any had an idea of the potential cause. HR44, signal strength is great. I used a USB I had around here, an older long blue one that came with a printer probably. I dont reckon the cable could be the cause?

Bought a used AM21 recently, I can tune to say CBS, and it is fine a few minutes but can then get herky jerky in spots, while audio is fine. Tune to NBC next, it will be fine, then the herky jerk shows up.

Havent watched anything recorded off it yet, just curious if any had an idea of the potential cause. HR44, signal strength is great. I used a USB I had around here, an older long blue one that came with a printer probably. I dont reckon the cable could be the cause?
Is this happening on the OTA channels only, or alot of channels ?
Did it happen at all before you hooked up the AM21 ?

Pause the video for 1 or 2 seconds and play again. The stutter will go away
Same problem as when you're "catching up" to the live stream in a recorded program.
Dishnet handles this smoothly with a brief pause, followed by a "Live TV" splash label.
DirecTV goes into a stuttering mode.

Pause the video for 1 or 2 seconds and play again. The stutter will go away

That fixed it. While watching something live like fball on CBS, it will get into an odd video stutter. If I hit pause, and then play, it's perfectly fine. All recordings have been OK as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)