AM21/HDDVR HR24-200 OTA Channels in MN

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just tried it with my HR34 and now have guide info populated for 5-3 & 23-3 (although not the right guide) ;)

I used Portland OR as the "main" and Minneapolis as secondary and it does load some guide info but found a glitch
If any channels match up in both markets, the primary has gudie info. So as example both Portland and Mpls have a 2-1 and 2-2 so it shows
2-1 portland guide info
2-2 portland
2-3 Minneapolis
2-4 Mpls

guess I got more working to do

I don't get 23.3 or 29.3 on 99202 (Spokane). But I think Portland OR has .3 RF 45 and.3 RF22 and I think Spartansburg SC has both .3 RF45 and .3 RF29. I like the Spokane option the best for my viewing habits but it is possible to get either 23.3 RF22 or 29.3 RF29 if you like those channels and look for the right zip.

i'm in Houston and can get THIS 2.2 but i can't get MeTV which is why i bought the am21 tuner. I called D* and they were no help, just told to me go thru the set up again & scan. Any suggestions?

Houston stations in the databse....unless you have a HR34/Genie anything not in the databse you wont get unless you do the trick posted above
KPRCDT 2.1
KPRCDT2 2.2
KPRCDT3 2.3
KUHTDT 8.1
KUHTDT2 8.2
KUHTDT3 8.3
KHOUDT 11.1
KHOUDT2 11.2
KTRKDT 13.1
KTRKDT2 13.2
KTRKDT3 13.3
KETHDT 14.1
KETHDT2 14.2
KETHDT3 14.3
KETHDT4 14.4
KETHDT5 14.5
KTXHDT 20.1
KLTJDT 22.1
KRIVDT 26.1
KIAHDT 39.1
KIAHDT2 39.2
KXLNDT 45.1
KXLNDT2 45.2
KTMDDT 47.1
KPXBDT 49.1
KPXBDT2 49.2
KPXBDT3 49.3
KPXBDT4 49.4
KYAZDT 51.1
KYAZDT2 51.2
KTBUDT 55.1
KTBUDT2 55.2
KTBUDT5 55.5
KUBEDT 57.1
KUBEDT3 57.3
KZJLDT 61.1
KFTHDT 67.1

tuner is hooked up to R22 when i looked at my acct online. maybe i should hook it up to the HR24. ?? and yes, those are the channels i recieve. 57-4 is Metv & it stops at 57-3 :(

lets see.
57-4 is technically 41-4 (it broadcasts on 41) so lets see who in the database has a 41-4 that you can load a secondary zip in and get the channel so you can tune to it. It wont be guide info for metv and the channel number might be wrong but you can at least tune to it

looking at the database info there are 3 stations broadcasting on RF41 that have a -4
Memphis TN would log as 40
San Jose, CA would log as 65
Honolulu, HI would log as 66

So if you load a secondary zip it will download the channel guide for said location. (like Memphis). You can remove all the Memphis stations but 40-4. You would tune to that channel to see MeTV. The guide info will be wrong but at least you can tune to it

ok thanks Ice, I'll try the secondary zip today when I get home. I'll let you know tomorrow if it worked or not. And also I may need a better indoor antenna & place it near a window. I have the Terk-Omnidirectional Amplified Indoor Digital HDTV Antenna.

Last edited:
You will receive METV Houston if your antenna signal is strong enough. If you program your Houston zip as your primary zip and Memphis (37501) as your secondary zip, it will work. Memphis broadcast's 5 channels on RF41 the .4 channel (40.4) would be where you watch METV. Memphis also work's nice because they do broadcast METV in the Directv database. 30.2 is the channel Memphis broadcast's METV. So of all the channels that appear from Memphis keep 40.4 to watch METV and 30.2 would put METV's Memphis's guide in your guide (might be a time zone difference). For recording you can either manually record or record the program from the guide for 40.4 if the times match. This set-up works for me in MPLS/STP. METV is 26.3 RF45 Spokane WA matching 5.3 RF45 MPLS/STP Also Spokane's METV 4.2 give's me guide info in my guide on west coast time. This will work but your antenna signal has to be strong enough.

thanks coconut, i'll try again, but i think i need to re-position my antenna to get a better signal. Right now, antenna is on dresser across from window. so maybe if i buy longer cable & put it next to window, the strength will be better & aim it towards Houston (about 20 miles away)

Last edited:
Well, i tried Memphis,TN zip and Beaumont TX 77701. For Beaumont, MeTV is 12-4 on the guide. I can see the titles on the guide but can't view program. Error message "searching for off-air signal". i have a leaf indoor antenna. Even called directv & they were clueless.

yes, i am in Houston. I'll try Memphis zip again. but doesnt' the antenna signal have to be really strong to pick up an out of state channel?

load the main zip as Houston
load the 2ndary zip as Memphis
let it download the guide
then you will have an option to edit the off air channels
remove all the Memphis channels EXCEPT 40-4
then say done

To watch MeTV you go to 40-4

ok, got it, i'll try it again when i get home. I'll use 77001 for Houston and 37501 for Memphis. thanks.

Last edited:
yes, i am in Houston. I'll try Memphis zip again. but doesnt' the antenna signal have to be really strong to pick up an out of state channel?
You're not picking up an out of state channel. If your antenna signal is strong enough you would be picking up Houston's channel 57.4 RF41. Since that channel is not in DIRECTV's database you have to find a .4 subchannel broadcast to RF41, which Memphis has (40.4). Also if you keep Memphis's 30.2 channel (METV) it would show guide info for METV. The 40.4 channel will show guide info for the Memphis channel. You would record from 40.4 by setting manual timers for the time slot you want to record.

I set it up last night with 77001 primary and 37501 as secondary. Memphis shows/programs are on the guide including 30.2 MeTV. 40-4 is there too, it's a Spanish channel.

I guess my antenna signal isn't strong enough 'cause i couldn't watch. I don't want to record, would like to watch this channel if possible. Kept getting....'searching for signal on off air tuner (791 or 792)' Can't remember which one.

Or I could swith to ATT/Xfinity. Comcast has it too, but Comcast isn't available in my area.
thanks for yall's help.

Last edited:
You've maybe already tried this but if you haven't it's worth a shot. Memphis has 5 channels (40.1-40.5). I would try each one separately and see what happens. The reason I say this is because Houston's 57.4 channel slot is 41.7, Memphis's 40.5 is actually, also 41.7. So I would try 40.5 first and see if you have anything and then try the others, you will probably get the same result, but it's worth a shot. Another experiment would be trying the San Jose CA and Honolulu HA zips mentioned in post 28. Those 2 zips also have 4 sub-channels on RF41. It's worth experimenting and seeing if you have any luck.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)